Hello from Chicagoland...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ill.literate

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I'm so glad to have found this site!

I'm Jay and my SWMBO is Traci, and the best part about her, is she's a beer snob/nut/afficiando.

For her birthday this weekend I purchased her (how's that for a twist!?!?) a beginning brewing kit from our local homebrew shop and our first brew (a bock) is currently bubbling happily in the primary. We started it yesterday morning and can't wait to get it in the secondary and then get it bottled and sampled of course!

Thanks for all the knowledge that is shared here... it was invaluable while I was shopping for her gift.

Welcome - nice name - lol!

Glad you're enjoying the hobby. There are lots of Chicagoland people around. Where about do you live?

Far north burbs.

I call it the DMZ between Illinois and Wisconsin (Lake County). :)

It's nice to see some neighbors around these parts... hopefully we'll grow to call them friends soon. :)

Welcome Jay - there are a few of us far-northers on here - lots of good info, and a grin now and then!

Skol!:mug:

SBN... we're neighbors!

We actually just moved to Grayslake in July. We'll have to get together sometime to talk "shop" :mug:

And thanks for the other friendly greetings too

Back