Basketball Tournament -- Anyone else got Duke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So 85% of my league chose Kansas, which was great for me. The 12% had Kentucky, and the rest were the strange Syracuse and stupid hometown Terp fans that always think Maryland has a chance.

I am the LONE Duke pick in the entire thing. I've got only 32 games right, and (up until the sweet 16) was DEAD LAST.

Now, $250 rests on Duke winning tonight.

Who else here stands to win big on Duke?

So do I man, so do I...

When it comes to Basketball, I'm a Tarheel, but since they didn't make it -- I realize that the best basketball comes from NC.

But, they might just make me a rich (ok, $250 isn't RICH) man.

I did 5 brackets this year and on two of them had Duke winning it all. I don't care at all about college backetball and know even less about it. Pretty much just picked teams at random, weighting the higher ranked ones over the lower. Seemed to have just as much chance of winning as anyone else because one of my co-workers who lives and breathes college sports did worse than I did! :D

I'm sure plenty of people picked Duke.

The real question is, who picked Butler? I mean..who even picked Butler to get to the championship game?

Not a single person in my pool picked duke. I had West Virginia winning it all and if duke hadn't whooped up on them the other night I would have won my pool. Just another reason to hate duke I guess.

I picked Duke FWIW. They are a solid team and coach K is some kind of genius. I'm not a fan of Duke University itself, but I respect their basketball program. Not a big fan of the Duke fans, either...the ones that go nuts on campus and set crap on fire. *sigh* for college students you'd think they'd have some common sense.

Brag: Me and 3 other guys do a 'draft' where we all get 16 teams. I picked last (in the odd numbered rounds) so I got the #1 seed nobody wanted...Duke. When it was my pick I said; "Farking Duke". But I also had West Virginia and Butler, so once Butler beat Michigan State I was a lock. Being a Georgia Tech alum I def do not like Duke and just wanted them to lose. Oh well, ship teh monies.

Beat: I fell asleep in the recliner just before tip and woke up the instant the game ended.

I had duke picked as champs on one of my brackets, but not butler. I did end up a total of 6 points off on the final score. Finished in the 96th percentile in the Yahoo game... which means I was about 8000th place. :D

I'll give it to Butler...they tried hard. Personally, that game should have been over MUCH sooner, but Duke kept letting them back in the game.

I'm happy that Mr WannaCoolStache didn't get going offensively and sat a lot for foul trouble.

Not so much that Butler could have one, but I was just REALLY REALLY tired of seeing that "almost mustache" the guy was trying to grow. Seriously.

In the end though, they played one of the storied college basketball franchises of the last 20 years, it wasn't going to happen. :)

Let me reiterate. I hate Duke...but thanks for the $$$ guys.

UNC 2011!

I had duke picked as champs on one of my brackets, but not butler. I did end up a total of 6 points off on the final score. Finished in the 96th percentile in the Yahoo game... which means I was about 8000th place. :D

I had only 33 games correct...in the bottom of my entire group at least for "games picked correct."

Those later rounds -- having your winner in really comes in handy.

I had only 33 games correct...in the bottom of my entire group at least for "games picked correct."

Those later rounds -- having your winner in really comes in handy.

I had 36 right, so I didn't pick that many more games than you did, but had more in later rounds so they're worth more. That was the best of my five. The worst had 30 games, but had a lot more in earlier rounds.

I mistyped earlier. My best bracket wasn't 8000th place... it was around 80,000th place! LOL. The worst of my 5 was 1,898,374th place.

Back