So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed 5 beers in January at night because I'm a 3rd shifter it was single digits all 3 brewdays. You can't let a little thing like cold weather get in the way of brewing.

Relaxing after a busy beer day...bottled the last of a couple of kegs to free them up. Love the ball lock adapter for the new Intertap tower!

Where did you get that!? I have the crappy barbed adapter, it's pretty much useless.

Can you have a look and see if the ball lock fitting threads off? It sort of looks like it does from the pic. I've got pin locks so if I could convert it that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Where did you get that!? I have the crappy barbed adapter, it's pretty much useless.

Can you have a look and see if the ball lock fitting threads off? It sort of looks like it does from the pic. I've got pin locks so if I could convert it that would be awesome.
I ordered it from Williams when I bought the tower. Screws on and off like all the other spout tips but I don't think it comes apart. But it doesn't matter if you have ball or pin, just buy a ball liquid connector and use that to attach to your Intertap faucet and some beverage tubing.

It is when you need 50 feet of garden hose laying in the snow for cleaning/cooling and at 7 degrees it will freeze fast...

I have a roll of vinyl tubing on a garden hose reel that I run up from my basement directly off my well pump out to the garage for brewing in the winter time. I run the chiller tubing out into the yard creating an ice skating rink. With the cold ground water I can chill pretty quckly though.

Oh yeah, chill times are quick with 45 degree ground water! But I have had the hose freeze up below 10 degrees so I try to stick to days above 20, and closer to 30 is better!

Working on a closed loop cooling system, and a way to store 55 gallons of cleaning water in the garage(never drops below 30, a simple cattle tank deicer will keep them from freezing) so I can brew when it is colder.

I have a roll of vinyl tubing on a garden hose reel that I run up from my basement directly off my well pump out to the garage for brewing in the winter time. I run the chiller tubing out into the yard creating an ice skating rink. With the cold ground water I can chill pretty quckly though.

Did an Irish Red yesterday. First brew since September due to various reasons, and man, did it feel good to get back into it! Just added my yeast after letting the wort cool. All looks good for my St Patrick's Day Red.

Kegs are dry, so hopefully two batches this weekend. One on Monday for sure. Got the goods for some Centennial Blonde, and an oatmeal stout.

Not weekend but since I was on a day off and in the garage building my bike anyway figured what the hey might as well boil up a batch so I don't have to stay up all night at weekend. Not sure what to call it, 4kg pale ale, 0.6kg munich, 0.5kg crystal 50 (cause happened to have bag ends of both) and Target for bittering and bramling cross for flavor/aroma, gonna go rack it up to a primary after letting the hot break settle for a few hours after cooling to 25c and pitch an S-04.

My first brew day in 3 months is underway! False start with my blichmman hellfire not living up to its name but I seem to have kind a worked that out. Its always something.

I was going to do 2 brews sessions in one long weekend a couple of weeks ago. The second one didn't happen, of course. So tomorrow I'm planning to brew No 2, but it has changed a bit. A simple SMaSH using Belgian pilsner malt and either Sterling or Willamette hops, I haven't decided which. And pitch with K1V wine yeast. Not sure what to call it, probably a saison.

Finally going to get brewing again this weekend after two long months without. Just an easy simcoe smash but I might throw together a blue moonish clone, too. I also need to keg a batch of apfelwein that's been in the fermentor for ~7 months. Probably should start another batch of that as well.... Could be a busy but fun weekend. :)

Dug out my old Granite Ware kettle for a 1 gal SMASH with Golden Promise and an experimental hop. The hops are definitely dank, resiny, spicy and tangerine. My weekend started early!

Drinking a lightly smoked Scottish Ale.

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_1518807906.352973.jpg

On the boil of another Arrogant Bastard clone. It's the best beer I do so following many other homebrewers' advice and nailing down something I do well rather than trying something new. Also a simple cheap grain bill and I have the hops. Overshot my volume (again) so I'm about an hour into what's turning into a 2.5 hour boil. Just added a 1 gallon reduction (not for gravity, I like what it does to the flavor) and staring at the timer for the hops. Already cleaned the mash tun so all I'll have left to do is clean the boil kettle.

Brewing Great Fermentations Over the Pond ESB all-grain kit. Will naturally ferment it in a corny keg and then serve it using a home made beer engine.

Brewing Ed Wort's chocolate porter today.
Heating up the water now and about to mill the grains.
I only bought them 3 weekends ago but every weekend something came up with family needing me so since it's a long weekend I've reserved today and told the kids to go play video games and only bother me if someone is bleeding. :)

Marriage is always a plethora of tradeoffs...at least mine is. Husband is off to trade in our two xBoxes on the fancy new one, so I get a double brew weekend. Doing a simple cream ale with Cascade hops just for the heck of it. The Bastard clone from yesterday is going gangbusters in the brew room and I just pulled the FWH from this one, 80 minutes to go. Gotta love a guy who lets me do what I do. Also found a brew supply store closer to my house (and open on Sundays!!) with decent prices. Props to Mt Si Brew Supply for having what I needed and will definitely go back the next time I can afford a full bag of two row.

Did 5 gal of Saison yesterday with orange peel/coriander. Grains included: Pilsner, flaked rye, wheat and Carastan. Fermenting warm with WLP585 Belgian Saison III yeast

Got to use my Millars Mill B3 for the first time and it did a fantastic job as I got 80%+ efficiency

Marriage is always a plethora of tradeoffs...at least mine is. Husband is off to trade in our two xBoxes on the fancy new one, so I get a double brew weekend. Doing a simple cream ale with Cascade hops just for the heck of it. The Bastard clone from yesterday is going gangbusters in the brew room and I just pulled the FWH from this one, 80 minutes to go. Gotta love a guy who lets me do what I do. Also found a brew supply store closer to my house (and open on Sundays!!) with decent prices. Props to Mt Si Brew Supply for having what I needed and will definitely go back the next time I can afford a full bag of two row.
What a lucky guy. My wife hates beer, much less brew it! Ha!

With 8+%ers all kegged and bottled, working on lower abv and hard lemonades. HL brewed. Blond next.

Brewing our first all grain batch this weekend.

Just the basic Nut Brown from the HBT recipe library.

That is assuming my brew buddy stops at the LHBS and picks up the grains and yeast. Having him do this saved me either $12 in shipping or and hour and a half in driving. Very lucky he works nearby our LHBS.

Going to try and make it work in my 5gal mashtun. The calculators say my 11.25lbs of grain are just at the limit of its capacity. I'm expecting a 10gal cooler in March for the birthday. So I can do some big all grain beers later.

Brewing our first all grain batch this weekend.

Just the basic Nut Brown from the HBT recipe library.

That is assuming my brew buddy stops at the LHBS and picks up the grains and yeast. Having him do this saved me either $12 in shipping or and hour and a half in driving. Very lucky he works nearby our LHBS.

Going to try and make it work in my 5gal mashtun. The calculators say my 11.25lbs of grain are just at the limit of its capacity. I'm expecting a 10gal cooler in March for the birthday. So I can do some big all grain beers later.
I routinely do 12.5 LB batches in a HD 5 gallon cooler using 1.25 quarts of water per LB grain. They are probably more like 20.5L capacity not 19L.

I've got some pretty decent plans to brew this weekend. I have 3 batches all prepped to go atm:

1) AG BIAB - White IPA with Cascade, Summer, and Amarillo hops.

2) AG BIAB - APA with Summer and Denali hops

3) The rest of my extract and some hops I have left from other batches (Experimental #07270, and Zythos)

I'll probably only have time to get to 2 of them between Saturday night and Monday night. Anyone got any suggestions on which ones I should do? Anyone else doing any brews?
Snapchat-1187204524.jpg

Brewed 6 gallons of dark saison. 3 gallons destined to be what it is, 2 gallons destined for some red wine soaked french oak chips, and 1 gallon destined for souring.

Back