My Daughter made me cry!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewbrew82

Reaction score
The other night I was sitting around with the family, I told my daughter, who is 3.5 years old, that we where going to the beer store tomorrow. I said We are going to the store and get grain, hops, and then she interrupted me and yelled YEAST! My wife looked at me and asked if I was crying, I said a shed a couple of tears of joy. I wounder if my daughter will know more about beer in kindergarten than the avagrage person??

Well, unless your wyf techers her shi wunt now how to spel.

My 2 year old refers to all my beer as coffee. Yes, even the light ones. For now, we will let it be coffee.

I have three daughters, 24, 23 and 22, and they make me cry all the time.

PTN

useless.gif

In first grade here, they have what they call 'writer's workshop'. They have to tell a story about something and they draw a picture to go along with it. Early on in the school year, my daughter wrote one about how she helps me brew beer! She told about how she only helps with the safe stuff and how good it feels to help. She had also drawn a picture of me and her on the deck next to the kettle on the burner. I can't tell you how great that made me feel. She loves anything related to science and asks all sorts of questions during the process. Sounds like you have a great little assistant brewer there!

I was preparing to bottle a batch recently, had the carboy sitting on the kitchen island. My 5yr daughter came by and exclaimed "That's some GREAT looking beer, Daddy!", then went on her merry way. SWMBO, who just tolerates my hobby, was none-to-pleased.

Made me happy.

Yeah, my daughter (9) wrote about helping make beer for some writing project for school. I thought I'd just wait and see what her teacher said. But her teacher is pretty cool and I'm sure they get all kinds of stories in class about parents' goings-on.

Back