post a picture of your homemade bar so I can get ideas.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5810-me004.jpg

It was a 1 car garage. there is a full bath behind the refrigerator. In the front(not in pic) are vintage pinball and slot machine. Dont worry I did not loose my garage space I built a 24x24 detached.

OK, you talked me into it. ;)

Picked up all the lumber at Home Depot. All oak ply, oak dimensional lumber for trim (1x2 for the rail, 1x4 for the stiles, 1x6 for the step), OSB for boxing things in and 2x4 for the framing.

Stained and polyurethaned in place. Bar top is 11.5' long.

2693193090_4ccc57bc53.jpg
2693194228_c2641ccbb4.jpg
2692381919_0da0ec2baa.jpg
2693195798_307cf4633d.jpg
2692382961_d778e3e0c2.jpg
2692539979_ebf33d64eb.jpg
2693198082_56660d26ce.jpg

There are a couple more in the set @ flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmbpics/sets/72157606313359194/

Check out the DIY forum and also some good bar shots in the ShowUsYourKegerator Thread. Although i think a collective Show Us Your Bar Thread would compliment the kegerator and brew rig threads. Maybe rename this one and sticky all 3?

I see no TVs in these bars...

You'll notice face plates in the left and right top corner behind the bar. Just saving money for the two flatscreens to go up. I'm thinking two 21-33 inch LCD would fit.

There is a 33" LCD on the other end of that room, but there is a 109" DLP one wall over... Ignore the chairs, they've been replaced..

img35.jpg

:D

We both spend too much time on the site and like the photo threads.

I've got plans to add built ins on the back bar something like your setup but allow space for some TVs.

:D

We both spend too much time on the site and like the photo threads.

I've got plans to add built ins on the back bar something like your setup but allow space for some TVs.

I just picked up a little 19 inch HD flat panel for tailgating and once the season is over, I'm thinking about mounting it kitty-corner to the top-left of the bar-back. We'll see. No real need. You can see my 109" from anywhere in the room and you swivel your stool a little to the right if you're sitting at the bar. I have it though... so why not?

The thing I really want though is a tiny 7"-10".... color screen, that I can mount IN the wall above the toilet in the bathroom. I figure F-it... it you're going to go over-board, might as well go all the way.

How's the picture on the projectors?I was thinking about buying one.

My projector picture is pretty damn good for a nine foot screen... and that projector is a few years old at this point. You can get them now that have about a 100 times better picture. They have come a long way and would shock people with how amazing the picture is.

The key is to have a reasonably dark room though. You can get a crazy-high lumen projector to combat a bring room but they are $$$$$$$$ and I still think a naturally dark room is the way to go.

How's the picture on the projectors?I was thinking about buying one.

Mine is an older projector but the new 1080p projectors can throw a picture as good as any LCD screen at huge sizes for much less than comparable LCD panels.

The key is to have a reasonably dark room though. You can get a crazy-high lumen projector to combat a bring room but they are $$$$$$$$ and I still think a naturally dark room is the way to go.

Agreed. You'll notice that the colors in my projector room are black and a dark grey.

(nodding in agreement)

Yes and yes.

I have a couple year old 720p DLP and have been quite pleased with the image even at 138 inches. I have no reason to upgrade until this one blows up. I can control the light and have dark paint to help too though.

Watched the civil war on it last night while drinking Pliny and eating fried hot dog and french fries. yes the SMWBO is out of town, living it up on the couch.

Yes and yes.

I have a couple year old 720p DLP and have been quite pleased with the image even at 138 inches. I have no reason to upgrade until this one blows up. I can control the light and have dark paint to help too though.

That's my situation. My projector is an old Infocus X1 that I bought new close to 7 years ago now. 480p with good scaling and I'm hard pressed to spend the money to upgrade. I figure when the bulb blows I get a new projector instead of replacing the bulb. Most everyone that comes over and watches anything thinks it is HD. I say, nope, it's DH. Damn Huge.

That's my situation. My projector is an old Infocus X1 that I bought new close to 7 years ago now. 480p with good scaling and I'm hard pressed to spend the money to upgrade. I figure when the bulb blows I get a new projector instead of replacing the bulb. Most everyone that comes over and watches anything thinks it is HD. I say, nope, it's DH. Damn Huge.

Yeah, the only 1080p source I have is blu rays and that is only a fraction of what is watched on it so 720p is fine for directv, video games, movies and other junk output by the computer. I'll have to take some pics when I get home. The other half of the home theater is the stereo and I made sure I got a good setup in that regard but the smwbo doesn't like the sub. She is always like "turn that down" and I am like, "it is not even up" This is the pride and joy of the living room stereo

I think they redesigned the series I got, but this is the closest to it, 1300w to a 18"

front_angle_main_a7_350.jpg

I just got this basement bar (with attached home theater) finished this past summer. I rarely leave my house now. The picture doesn't do it justice. The wood stain always looks odd in photos. There is a 26in flat screen in the corner and the movie screen is just under 9ft.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I built this irish pub into the 10' x 20' single car side of a 3 car garage (wife still parks car on the other side). 2 - 1/6 barrels sit in a keezer hidden underneath the L-shaped bar(notice seam where the top hinges open for access to keezer). Seats 8. Now THE place for the neighborhood to hang.

The Salty Dog.jpg

Latest posts

Back