Regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourHopHead

Reaction score
This is a dumb question, but have to ask. Is there a trick to removing the regulator from my co2 tank? I picked up a wye and I can not get the valve off the regulator. Do I just turn off the co2 tank and unscrew the regulator? Do all the gauges have to read zero first?

It helps to equalize the pressure, some tanks have left hand twist, some right. I hate non-standard threads, for me it is always righty-tighty and I don't accept anything but. I hade to pay extra for an Nitrogen/C02 tank (CO2 tank, brand new, just marked as N and almost double the price), just to keep things straight.
With the gasket inside it does not take a lot of pressure to seal it but someone may have been on steroids when they set it. Take a good look at the threads and I'm sure you can loosen it, just be careful.

Some gorilla tightened it. It looks rounded in places and is pissing me off. I don't want to break anything since this is my only tank and reg atm. It has labels for the right and left threads. I would rather take the regulator off and then try and take the valve off.

People where I work always over tighten bolts and screws and it is a real PITA. I've stripped plenty of bolts and screws and I replace them, because I do not want to deal with it later.

Back