Best Christmas Present...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
As a counter-point to the worst thread, what were some of the best things you ever got for Christmas?

When I was 11, my Dad and Step Mom got me a bow and arrow, a BB gun and a dart board. At the time, I don't think you could have given me ANYTHING that I would have thought was cooler.

Best x-mas gift was from last year. My wife bought a REALLY nice full set of Calphalon cookware. Or there is the "Yes you can buy this but it counts towards christmas" G.P. Small tent.

gp_small_right.jpg

When I was 7 I got a Green Machine. That was the coolest thing ever... well to a 7 year old anyway. Then a few years later I got an Atari 2600 with Space Invaders, Missle Command and Asteroids.

Atari kicked Intellivision's arse.

I think when I was 7 or something my parents got me the MASK battlestation rock thingy. They didn't even wrap it, they just put a huge bow on it because I had been asking for it and hounding them for about half the year.

A couple years later I received one of those huge day-long to put together Lego projects. Those were the happiest Christmases I remember.

Last year my wife got me a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Guitar! WOW! That made my jaw drop to the floor when I got home from work christmas morning and saw that sitting there.

rdwj said:
When I was 11, my Dad and Step Mom got me a bow and arrow, a BB gun and a dart board. At the time, I don't think you could have given me ANYTHING that I would have thought was cooler.

They were hoping that you were going to hurt yourself, weren't they? "He'll shoot his eye out!! YES!!!"

the_bird said:
They were hoping that you were going to hurt yourself, weren't they? "He'll shoot his eye out!! YES!!!"

Trust me - I was EXTREMELY careful. I knew that if I did anything even SLIGHTLY questionable with one of them, they were going to be gone - ALL of them.

Hellllooooo?????? Duh! About a dozen years ago SWMBO got me my starter kit. That's #1!

But SWMBO has always gotten me cool stuff for birthdays and Christmas. In the past she has gotten me:

Flying lessons
A 1-hour ride on the Aluminum Overcast (that's the B-17 owned by the EAA)
A visit to Cooperstown
Packer Tickets
Brewer 10-Pack season tickets

That's just a few. I think I'll keep her:)

A couple of years back my girlfriend, now fiance, got me a blown up poster of the Sports Illustrated with Sandberg on the cover that was signed by the man himself.

Ó Flannagáin said:
Been some good ones over the years. Around 12 or so I got a Nintendo 64.. that was fun.

Good grief I'm getting old. I bought an N64 when they came out in 1996 too... but I was out of college. :drunk:

When I was about 8, I got my first minibike. That was awesome! I rode it in circles in the yard for about 6 hours that first day. Best present I ever got, I think.

As an adult, I got a very nice pair of diamond stud earrings about 2 years ago. I have never taken them off yet!

Couple years ago, SWMBO got me a Picture of Dave Prowess....the actor who played Darth Vader in Star Wars Episodes 4-6. He autographed it right in front of her and made it out to me.

Ryan,
May The Force Be With You.

-Dave Prowess
Darth Vader

AWESOME!

My wife and I married just out of college, broke as all hell and not very fond of "tradition" for the sake of tradition. So despite getting married some time in September I didn't actually have a wedding ring until December of that year - that ranks pretty high up there on my list.

As a kid, every year we setup my dad's Lionel trainset around the tree, which he had had since he was a kid. I used to spend hours and hours playing with that thing. Unfortunately, it had been bequeathed to my older brother before I was even born. This made me really sad since I played with it way more than he ever did, and I LOVE machinery and he could give a rat's a$$ about it (even now it sits in a box in his basement, while his tree and his 8YO son have nothing to do...)
Anywhoo, Last year SWMBO bought me a Lionel trainset to put around our tree. Christmas hadn't been the same without Lego-shipments running on-time! It is now.

The year before, she bought me #43 of 500 '03 Brazilian PRS or some such thing... ;)

Back