Stout Tanks boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carloski44

Reaction score
For those of you who have bought the stout tanks boil kettle what size is the opening in the Tri-clover for the outlet, and if you have one, the sight glass? I am looking to recieve a 30gal in a few weeks, and was curious if any of those ports were big enough to put an electric element into, without any modification.

I haven't gotten mine yet (should be late July), but I'm pretty sure that all of the tri-clover fittings are the 1.5" size clamp which makes the port too small for an electric element. Adding the port for the electric element to the kettle is one of his special order line items.

-chuck

Im afraid so I supposed to recieve mine in June, There are 1.5" tri-clovers on the Kettle like you say but it doesnt say what pipe size they are welded to. If 1.5" pipe is used then I should be ok. I am setting my brew rig up for gas or electric on the Kettle end until i can get an element put in. I will have to find a decent welder around here to do it for me.

Back