My wife is a saint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
First off if you saw all of the brew stuff setting around the house you'd think I am a bachelor. I set up a swamp cooler in our bathroom so it is out of the way. I have been swapping water bottles almost constantly and still barely keepin it in the 60's. She looked at me and said.. " I TOLD YOU TO JUST SET THAT IN OUR BEDROOM AND LEAVE THE AC CRANKED ALL THE TIME UNTIL IT IS DONE" keep in mind I have room upstairs that is used for nothing except beer that has Ac 24/7... plus SHE IS AGREEING TO A 20x 40 BARN WHEN THE FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE JUST FOR BREWING...... SHE LOVES ME!!!

She's either a saint, or she has a plan... Maybe she wants children and you don't? Maybe she's been cheating on you and has a bad conscience? :D Or... you're just a lucky guy! I do hope for you it's the latter!

OHIOSTEVE, my wife said we need a larger house with a couple of barns for wine and beer. She even suggested I grow grapes. Currently my family room is my brewery and wine room. It works for now. It is on a cement floor so I don't fight with temps unless it is 90 + degrees, but the central air is on then.

I new I married the best women for a reason! Looking for a new place in the near future.

20x40!! Jesus. I've been told "Why don't you just build a brew shed"? So when money is available it's on, but it won't be 20x40!!!

Maybe you drive her to drink and this way she will have a constant supply! :rockin:

You hafta have a good woman for this hobby...mine hates the smell of wort, but loves the homebrew. Hates the mess I make when brewing, but has had enough bad beer to realize the process is worth it.

Congrats on a keeper, and enjoy that barn, lucky SOB!

That's awesome. We are currently in a starter house and waiting for the market to turn around a little more, then its time for the big house. One of my 'must haves' is a detached garage with a spare room (which will obviously be a bar/brewery). Surprisingly, she is okay with it. Granted, it means I have to cave in to her 'must haves', but its a price worth paying.

She's either a saint, or she has a plan... Maybe she wants children and you don't? Maybe she's been cheating on you and has a bad conscience? :D Or... you're just a lucky guy! I do hope for you it's the latter!

25 years married this past wednesday. and kids are grown and moved out. so maybe the bad conscience?? lol

You hafta have a good woman for this hobby...mine hates the smell of wort, but loves the homebrew. Hates the mess I make when brewing, but has had enough bad beer to realize the process is worth it.

Congrats on a keeper, and enjoy that barn, lucky SOB!
That is a ways off but the go ahead is there. for now my front porch has to suffice lol.

25 years married this past wednesday.

I totally have this one figured out.

After 25 years, she just wants you to stay the f*ck away from her.

"Yes, honey... please take up a hobby that consumes hours and hours and hours of your time. In fact, why don't you build a special building in the back yard and, please, spend all of your time out there!"

Now, the real question is - What the hell did you do right (or wrong) to get so lucky! I'm sure all the guys out here would love to know the secret to get our wives to allow us to do the things we want to do. So, fess up!

Did you paint your bedroom pink for her? Re-propose to her at sunset on a sandy Hawaiian beach? Confess your undying love for her every day for the past 25 years? Or maybe she just knows that after a couple of homebrews you will tell her anything she wants to know (this is what my girl claims to be true!) :D

Come on man, inquiring minds want to know :ban:

Mine came to me a couple of months ago while bottling a batch and said, "I am tired of watching you go through all that. Go buy a keg system Right Now!"

We are getting married on Saturday!

My wife is so intolerant of the "awful" smell of malt and hops boiling that I can't brew when she's in the house! Fortunately she works 24 hour shifts and is gone 2 nights a week. She'll still complain about the smell the day after though...

Latest posts

Back