Dunkelweizen Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd love to brew a good dunkelweizen and I read that someone called DeathBrewer has a great recipe on this site. Does anyone know it? Thanks!

-Jimmy P

Don't know if this is the one, but I found this. I may try a dunkelweizen soon and I've been thinking about doing another of Edworts recipes.

Get the recent issue of Brew Your Own. There's a recipe from Jamil in there that I made and it turned out fantastic.

Austin Homebrew has their Dunkelweizen on sale for $19.99. i'm about to order it now for my first all grain attempt.

If you brew the one in the BYO magazine,the AG version, I think the recipe forgot to list the Pilsner malt......I did this one but added 1.5# of Pilsner....

I could have been wrong on this, but I think it needs some for conversion....

This recipe calls for about 6lbs of wheat malt if I remember correctly. Wheat malt self converts just fine by itself.

I know I am a few days behind on this thread, but if you are looking to reach DeathBrewer, here is his profile. Just send him a PM. DeathBrewer is a SUPER helpful brewer and he has definitlely come up with a few excellent recipes. Also don't forget to read his Easy Partial Mash Brewing thread.

Back