How many gallons of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing batch #4 this weekend!!!

BTW... I had a pretty disurbing review of batch #2 that I brewed from a co-worker today...

I gave him 2 bottles to sample last Friday and he tried one Friday. Monday morning he told me that he drank the first bottle Friday evening and thought it was among the best beers he has ever tried.... He kept going on and on about "mouth feel" and "Crisp" and stuff like that... and how he wished he had more...

Then, yesterday morning, out of the blue he told me... AND I QUOTE.... "If I had a pu77y, I'd be giving you some..."

At first I had NO idea what he was talking about... Then it hit me...

He drank the 2nd bottle of my version of Ed Worts Haus Ale.

I brewed 5 gallons and I've had three separate people ask me (entirely unprompted) when I'm going to make more. It's mighty fine beer.

I've made one 5 gallon batch...so far! I have high hopes, and reallly my only change to the original recipe was using Wyeast 1056. I'm going to bottle it Sunday night if my gravity reading checks out, or I might wait until next weekend.

I really tend to like the hoppy pale brews, and this recipe just fits the bill. If it turns out well I'll be brewing it a lot more. Thanks Ed!

This was my first AG batch!!! Its almost gone I guess I need to brew it again; but for now...

+5 = 95

edit: anyone ever dryhopped it? I am considering it for my next go round

It was also my first AG, 105.

Ingredients to make another batch of it are on the UPS truck for delivery as we speak.

Added half a pound of Light Munich and used Safale US-05. Everything else per EdWort. Tapped it early (4+ weeks.) It's going to be hard to stay out of it!

105 + 5 = 110

i brewed one, but it was a PM version of it. Turned out good. although i ended up dry hopping in it the keg.

My first AG, only 4 weeks ago (or is it five now?). That would be a 5 gallon batch. I think that brings us up to 245 gallons!

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but EdWort's Haus Pale Ale was my first AG back in December ... this is what several months in the cold can do to the clarity :)

dscf7413nv5.jpg

Sadly, I finished up the last of the bottles just a few nights ago. Time to brew it again!

245 + 25 = 270!

*had to dig through the archives for the total :drunk: I'm sure I'm not the only one that is gonna have to do that to get this thread rollin. :mug:

330 + 5 = 335

Brewed it friday, using 1056, and ran out of propane 10 minutes into the boil after adding the hops so the 60 minute addition got a little extra time, i think i saw a bubble earlier today (saturday).

I bet we can get near 1000 gallons by the end of the year. I know I'll personally be tacking on another 20+ gallons...

Back