Stuck ferment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethmutt

Reaction score
I brewed up a batch of English pale ale on Friday afternoon. Saturday I had a good head and lots of motion in the fermentor. This morning the krausen is gone and it looks deceased.. Should I repitch . Or just let it run it's course?

dethmutt said:
I brewed up a batch of English pale ale on Friday afternoon. Saturday I had a good head and lots of motion in the fermentor. This morning the krausen is gone and it looks deceased.. Should I repitch . Or just let it run it's course?

The only way you will know is by taking a hydrometer reading!

That being said you should give the beer another week in at least to clean up and clear.

Back away from the fermentor--yeast at work, do not disturb. Everyone wants to see bubbles and foam, but that is only part of the life-cycle of yeast.

Thanks! I wanted to take a hydro reading but dont like to disturb it. It's only my second batch so I was a little worried when it stopped churning so fast, but I did add honey to my first batch.. The disappearance of the krausen was my major worry. Thanks for the advice, ill leave it and cross my fingers.. :)

Back