First Brew Day Of 2013!!! What are you making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to plan a Saison for the 1st, not sure if I can get the yeast I need in time. Either way, it will be the first brew of the new year! (I know, its terribly out of season for a Saison, but damn I love them :D)

Brewing my Christmas present on New Years Day: a Northern Brewer dry irish stout kit. I get to use my other present, a camp stove, for the first time as well.

Caribou Slobber brown ale from northern. Went so fast last time that this time I am thinking I will stash 20+ bottles in the garage loft for 6 or so months.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Celebration Ale clone from Recent BYO issue. Helping get a buddy into the hobby by brewing some classics and personal favorites.

11 gallons of robust porter. It's our clubs quarterly style. It will be my first porter.

Five gallons of Zombie Dust clone. Hopefully this weekend. Need to make good use of my 1lb of citra

American Amber here too. I've been brewing too many high gravity beers lately. It's time to put a nice session beer in the mix. I'll be using a slightly modified version of Jamil's amber-red.

I'm brewing an American barleywine tomorrow, first one ever. 22 lbs of grain and with any luck will have a 1.094 OG and clock in at 10.0% ABV. Really excited for this one. I wish I had a barrel in which to age it, but I supposed woods chips soaked in bourbon will do.

EdWort's Bee Cave Kolsch. Some friends' parents have an amazing party every March where all the hunting buddies bring their latest catch and all sorts of other amazing meat, expertly prepared. Last time, there were at least 5 bayou burner fryers, 4 charcoal grills, and a big smoker with two pigs - all going at once. We eat, drink, and smoke stogies all night. My contribution this year will be a keg of Kolsch, which I'll brew up next weekend.

I'm brewing Jalepeno Cream Ale... since the kettle is boiling as I type, I guess this is the LAST brew of 2012... I think my next batch will be a Delirium Tremens clone (its the girlfriends favorite beer.)

I have the ingredients for a Motueka Pale Ale and a Bohemian-ish Pilsner. One will get brewed this week, but I'm not sure which one yet. Perhaps the pilsner. But I'm also planning a double IPA and a pale ale. The PA will showcase some new hops I'm getting in this week (Mosaic, most likely).

Black IPA/CDA/whatever you want to call this style. Been having trouble getting my IPA's quite as hoppy as I want them, but, since this style is not so different from a hoppy stout, my worst-case scenario is an underhopped hoppy stout... a.k.a. a stout. :)

Sadly, I probably won't get a chance to brew this until February or so...

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Celebration Ale clone from Recent BYO issue. Helping get a buddy into the hobby by brewing some classics and personal favorites.

I'm doing the SN Pale Ale clone too. It's my first ever brew (got a homebrew set up from my wife for Christmas). Really looking forward to making lots and lots of beers.

Making a basic Hefeweizen for people that are coming over for a super bowl party. Nothing too exciting. I really want to make a Pliny Clone, but it really need to get this Hef fermenting

On New Year's Day I'm brewing a 5.25 gal all grain batch of BierMuncher's Captain Hooked on Bitters Red Hook ESB clone. This will be my first non-kit brew. Picked up all my ingredients from my LHBS over the weekend.

After my fermenter is free (brewed Mexican Cervesa on 12/21 for the end of the world), I'll be making a Dry Stout...but not until next Saturday.

Brewing either a MO/Willamette SMaSH or a cream ale for a Brew Demo on the 5th. Should be a good time.

Spiced apple brown ale. Either tonight at midnight or some time tomorrow if celebrating is pre-occupying me.

I think I will do another Wheat beer even though its winter. My wife loved the Raspberry Wheat I brewed up. I'm thinking of a Peach Berry Wheat? Well see. I will prob go to the LHBS when I get paid and pick up another one gallon jug so I can do another Cider or Mead and what ever ingredients I may need for the Peach Berry Wheat. I cant wait to try the Blue Moon Clone I brewed on Christmas! Thanks Norcal Brewing Solutions for the recipe!

Tomorrow I'm brewing a saison with yeast cultured from the bottle of Saison Dupont we drank on Christmas. Happy Brew Year everyone!

My first brew of 2013 will probably be a Stone IPA clone. Gotta wait for the batch I brewed over the weekend to finish before I can brew it though.

Brewing my first batch ever.. A Vanilla Milk Stout (Brewers' Best kit with Vanilla beans).

That said, I think I screwed it up, but won't know until I bottle.

Hopefully I get the ECY bug county, pils, & wheat done this year. Another hour of boil and then hopefully down to low 60s by midnight.

Brewing early in the am, too. Brett trois amber wheat with Amarillo and sorachi.

Back