My spunding valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronhrab

Reaction score
My super spunding valve, I used a adjustable pressure relief valve from McMaster Carr, and almost everything else is stuff I had on hand from a compressed air projected I worked on a few years ago. This is one of those spiffy self pump taps that you get when you rent a keg that I picked up off of craigs list with a keg for $40 bucks. The reason I went overkill a bit was because I wanted to be able to pump CO2 into the keg to push out fermented beer without having to change anything out. Currently it is on my first batch of pressurized fermented beer and is working like a champ.

photo(1).jpg

its 50265K23, and is a multi range pressure relief valve that only costs about 6 bucks. It says that it is adjustable from a low of 20 psi, but I tested it in my air compressor and was able to set it as low as 5 psi. Also I used it again today to push beer from from fermenter keg to my cornys and it worked like a dream.

Also I looked up everything else on there it all can be purchased from lowes in their air compressor section. It hook it into the tap with a 1/2 inch flare fitting and a 1/2 in to 1/4 in bushing.

Guess I should also say since I took this picture I put the party tap serving hose in it I just ripped off the business end and attached it to the input on my filter.

Back