What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I make it back, I will. Last time I went to Hawaii, we stayed the whole time on Maui. What sucks is I still didn't make it to Maui Brewing because of the other people I was with. Here's a little advice for anyone who hasn't already figured it out. Taking a vacation with your parents and wife's parents is never a good idea. Ever! I had to find out the hard way.

Learned that the hard way when I went on a 9 day cruise with my ex and her parents a few years back. She almost became my ex a lot sooner...

oh yeah. I like to compare or associate this beer and Armageddon (which I like a little more) to Pliny or a good lagunitas. I could even and am pretty shure I like it more. Good stuff especially considering its improperly stored on display and sitting around awhile.

hop  zombie.jpg

It's Friday so why not. Headed to Flag tomorrow so I'll take a growler or two in case there's anything worth bringing back.

image.jpg

Not my favorite...sweet, bread and hay flavors. No head, no hops. I'll drink it, but ready to move along.

DSC04492.jpg

When I went to FL last year with my ex-wife, her parents and my parents, the parents didn't have any issue with me indulging in the local beer scene. Guess I got lucky on that one.

Well, it wasn't so much that they didn't want me to indulge in the local beer scene, but more like, they didn't want me to have fun or the will to continue living. ;)

First up was the Hodgson's, then the Fresh Squeezed, now the OPA - never heard or had an oatmeal pale ale before. The two Fort George cans are so far the winners of the night. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396664711.845415.jpg

This my "Plain Jane Blonde"...so much better than the strawberry stuff from the same brew, Not amazing, but at least it has some character, some hops bitterness, some citrus notes. I'd probably rather drink this again over the Appalachian Mountain Lager.

DSC04493.jpg

Haha! I actually LOL'd at that.

Still on the Deluge. Might hit up a Gandhi-bot Clone 2.0 next.

Well, it is funny to think about now after 8 years. But it was absolutely the worst vacation I've ever had.

Well...decided to open a bomber of my Belgian Strong Dark. Mainly because the Strawberry Blonde is the only other bottle I have chilled and I prefer to continue forward, rather than backwards! My Belgian is ok, but "Hello" has a better one. She claims that I'm underrating mine. She may be right. It did pour a nice head that was slow to fade. It has nice malt and a fruit ester, a little hop bitterness. The color is a really nice deep cola. Without hers in direct comparison, this is ok. But her all grain vs. my partial mash/extract is a good lesson on the merits of all-grain. I may not make it past this bomber tonight, but I did stick a Troegs Java Head in the fridge, just in case!

DSC04494.jpg

Having this crap, zipline india red ale. Its kinda good crap though?:drunk: Who likes beer? Who cares?

El Segundo Mayberry IPA, 100% mosaic hopped. Bottled 3/14. Suuuper tasty

Oh, I shouldn't have done this. I poured the rest of my Belgian Strong Dark Bomber and grabbed a Krispy Kreme Chocolate glazed doughnut. I microwaved the doughnut for 8 seconds. O...M...G. Now, I thinking, okay, this is REALLY good! But I DID stick that Troegs Java Head in the fridge; and what's better than coffee and doughnuts? I have GOT to go to bed before I do something stupid and go into a Diabeetus Coma!!!

DSC04496.jpg

Oh, I shouldn't have done this. I poured the rest of my Belgian Strong Dark Bomber and grabbed a Krispy Kreme Chocolate glazed doughnut. I microwaved the doughnut for 8 seconds. O...M...G. Now, I thinking, okay, this is REALLY good! But I DID stick that Troegs Java Head in the fridge; and what's better than coffee and doughnuts? I have GOT to go to bed before I do something stupid and go into a Diabeetus Coma!!!
I'd kill for that donut right now. ;)

Is that what happens when you drink to much on your brew day and then throw whatever hops you have in your freezer into the boil?

you're half right. :)

drink too much while brewing - check
throw all the left over home grown hops in at dry hop time - about 3 oz of cascade, centennial and chinook. i don't have a vacuum sealer, so needed to use them up.

First time with this one. Initial taste is sweet caramel malts followed by some bitterness. Hop aroma and flavor is a bit muted. Can't find a bottled on date so may have gotten an old bottle
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396672470.282552.jpg

Back