What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an incredible Wee Heavy...and at 12% (after the Mad Elf bomber) I think I'll be comfortably numb soon!

image-2007782019.jpg

It just hit me today. Feel like crap. Hope I'll get better. I do not want to be sick over the holidays. It'll suck.

Started out with a slightly sore throat and a sinus headache that cleared as the day went on. On the 3rd or 4th day of it I woke up with a splitting headache and sinuses full of gravel. After 3 days of sleeping more than 10 hours a night and surviving on Sudafed and caffiene I am just a little runny. stay healthy this thing stinks

Is that seasonal? I've never had Timothy Taylor.

That (well 1968 probably) is my back up plan.

As far as I'm aware, Timothy Taylor's beers aren't imported to the US. I've never had em either. That's just the source of the strain as far as I know. Perhaps UK folks might know more.

Point being though, it's a kick ass strain.

TNGabe said:
Had a couple of my coffee browns. It's gotten drinkable with a little more bottle conditioning, but I'll be making some major changes for the rebrew. Anyone have a favorite English yeast or had any luck growing up Sammy Smith's?

I used US-04 and 1335 in the two coffee browns I did, going with 1968 for the next batch.

Started out with a slightly sore throat and a sinus headache that cleared as the day went on. On the 3rd or 4th day of it I woke up with a splitting headache and sinuses full of gravel. After 3 days of sleeping more than 10 hours a night and surviving on Sudafed and caffiene I am just a little runny. stay healthy this thing stinks

I think that's what i got

More tea then bed

Having this to celebrate the reopening,Monday and I wanted to taste it:mug: some nice funk, think I need to pick up some more! Forgot I wanted to save the dregs so one more thing to do tonight.
New phone today also, won't have to apologize for my sh!tty pictures any more

I may be wrong but I think Lindemens dregs are not alive

TNGabe said:
Pizza night! Anchovy, black olive, onion, and fresh mozz. Pear, red onion, and brie. Dunno what no 3 will be. Maybe I'll finally check out prosciutto in cellar. Celebrating being able to hang out with ya'll again. Couple pics from the downtime.

How was Nightmare on Brett? I'm still sitting on the bottle you MAW'd me.

Doing a head to head with the two Gandhi-bot clones I've made so far. I like 1.0 the best between the two, though 2.0 is still very good. Neither are Gandhi, though I believe I hit the nail on the head with color on 2.0. At this point, I think it may just be a matter of finding the right yeast, because they are both close, but not close enough for me.

20131216_202600 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

TNGabe said:
One would hope for twice the price of geuze. Only getting 4? If I had the cash, I'd try and get you to goandpickitupformebro the other 8 you can get. December beer releases suck. :(
I thought about getting more but for $18 a bottle it was all I could justify. I also picked up a mixed case of Pliney and Pig and got a growler fill also.
DisturbdChemist said:
I'll love to get my hands on one of the these
It can be had. To be honest with you I just stopped in after work and walked right in, had a glass and picked up my bottles. Some people waited in line all Friday night to be only get it Saturday morning at 9 o'clock. I'm only planning on keeping one of these bottles. The others are barter for things that I can't get as easily as I can get this.

I thought about getting more but for $18 a bottle it was all I could justify. I also picked up a mixed case of Pliney and Pig and got a growler fill also. It can be had. To be honest with you I just stopped in after work and walked right in, had a glass and picked up my bottles. Some people waited in line all Friday night to be only get it Saturday morning at 9 o'clock. I'm only planning on keeping one of these bottles. The others are barter for things that I can't get as easily as I can get this.

If anything I might can get and you want let me know. Is it worth the hype?

DisturbdChemist said:
If anything I might can get and you want let me know. Is it worth the hype?
Gosh it's hard to say if anything is worth the hype that this beer and the Younger get. I will say this, that it's the best sour that I've had. And I'm not crazy for sours. The acidity is incredibly balanced sour but not like you drank a bottle of lemon juice like some of these wild beers are.

The only thing I could compare it to would be Ithaca Brut, which is my favorite sour that I've had after this one.

Watching MNF at fave craft bar and stumbled onto a Bells takeover. Starting off with delicious Black Note for me and Java Stout for her

ForumRunner_20131216_210214.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
It's crazy how the carbonation bubbles are just sitting in this curmudgeon!

First beer I ever saw this with is with a year-old Brown Shugga I had earlier this summer.

View attachment 166395

many years ago I brewed a Strong Scotch Ale (extract) that did the same thing, but it wasn't for 1 1/2 years bottled. it was also about the time I quit putting all my beer in the fridge.:rockin:

I may be wrong but I think Lindemens dregs are not alive

Cuvee Renee is the exception to that. I need to try it again. When they were releasing vintage dated bottles years ago it was quite good. I know the Tilquin and maybe a few others blend Lindemanns.

How was Nightmare on Brett? I'm still sitting on the bottle you MAW'd me.

Tasty, but I think Crooked Stave is way overhyped & overpriced. My inspired homebrew came out pretty darn close for about the price of two bottles.

View attachment 166395

Could be that the FG is around 1.040...

Latest posts

Back