Is Keg Cowboy still in business?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNisich

Reaction score
I placed an order over 10 days ago but it hasn't shipped yet. Tried emailing a couple of times to get an ETA but no response. Tried calling the number listed on the my order response email but got an error message saying that the voicemail box was full and couldn't accept any new messages.

Anybody know if this guy is still in business?

BTW, the order was for a 4 way CO2 manifold in case anyone knows where to just get the parts that are pictured on his site.

Were you charged? If so, call your CC company and have them reverse the charges since you can't even get a response from them. I have no experience with this vendor personally, but I have learned my lesson.

He is still in buisness. I was at his shop the other night he is working feverishly to get all orders shipped. Jeffs a good guy and feels bad about being this behind.

Catt,
Always good to know of additional resources for equipment but the Cowboy is about half price compared to that webstore. I think they just got backed up when they moved locations a few weeks ago.

Be advised that the cornykeg source sells modified pin lock kegs. The posts have been changed out with some aftermarket ball lock posts. The lids have a weird pressure relief valve. Check them out carefully before you buy. Cowboy is selling kegs for $10? That's a deal for sure.

Jeff and I dealt a lot together and he was very nice. I like many of his products more than the competition, and his website and prices. I was all set to give him my final order (a couple days ago) when he said he had to pass on it because it was too complex and he was moving into a new location and would probably screw it up. He's still in business but not really processing my kind of orders this week. I was, of course, very disappointed, but I can't really blame him too much. I think kegcowboy is actually in expansion mode right now. Adding personnel.

And he is making newer regulators that are "much nicer", so wait a month (I guess) for them if you want.

I can't speak to current issues but I had a very good experience ordering 6 months ago. I was planning on using them again. Hope they get everything ironed out.

LOL you got me on the corny kegs kegcowboy is actually more (maybe because this is a used product) but everything else is lower - regulator $35, 5# tank $54, etc. I think they are the lowest priced option online for most things. Another thing to consider is how those things are shipped - I see they use Fedex Ground which is much cheaper than USPS or US - so you have to consider that.

Hey SankePanke - are these the new and improved regulators?

http://kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=230

As of 4/20/10 anyways. I ordered a perlick 525ss on that date and while it did take almost 2 weeks to arrive, it did indeed arrive. Maybe he is swamped or something else is going on which is delaying his shipping...I just chalked it up to "life happens" and I am still happy with the product received and price paid.

I was over there at Jeff's house a few weeks back. He has definitely been quite busy trying to keep up with orders and trying to get the new shop open and the new hire up to speed. I ended up with the new regulator, and it is much beefier than the old ones.

I don't know what anyone else's experience is but I have one one of the old style regulators and even after being in the fridge for a year the thing looks and works like it is brand new. I can't believe that this new big body regulator is only $38. That has to be the lowest price of any regulator on the market. I wish that new store would open up so I could check it out in person.

I don't know what anyone else's experience is but I have one one of the old style regulators and even after being in the fridge for a year the thing looks and works like it is brand new. I can't believe that this new big body regulator is only $38. That has to be the lowest price of any regulator on the market. I wish that new store would open up so I could check it out in person.

Just in case y'all hadn't heard, the retail location is open. 2017 1/2 South Shepherd

I wanted to let this group know that we are introducing ingredient kits to the line up so all of you local to Houston (we also ship anywhere) have one more option. The kits we sell are 100% certified organic. Comments on the new link welcome!
Click here to see kit pricing

Still in business and still consistently lower priced that all other internet homebrew equipment companies.

I used KegCowboy and was completely satisfied. High quality products, nice assembly, great price. I also used CornyKeg for my 2 5 gal cornys, could't resist trying due to the price. They were modified from pin to ball and pressurized just fine. Good condition too, all new fittings and seals.

Gentlemen, the initial order of ingredients have arrived and are available for purchase. All grains are cold stored in a steel "2,200 cubic foot grain vault" to ensure freshness. We hope you like what we are doing.- Jeff

I'm wondering the same thing as the OP. I placed my order 2 and a half weeks ago and haven't heard a peep from them. I've emailed several times with no response. Called the shop 4 different times and left a voicemail. I finally got a hold of a live person about a week ago, and while he was nice, was pretty clueless. He couldn't tell me when my order will ship. Plus they've already charged my credit card for the entire amount. Also their website is a POS - many features simply don't even work including the order tracking tool.

Pretty bad customer service. Next time I'll take my money elsewhere.

Agreed. I had a bad experience as well. Customer service was very unresponsive. They did make good on my order, but it was too little too late.

Odd that nobody tries contacting Jeff via PM here on the boards. Yeah the customer service and website could use some more work but he's not trying to screw anyone over, he's an honest guy. I never even bothered trying to call the shop d/t reviews I read, I just contacted Jeff via PM here and HE called the shop and sorted it out. Got my order quick and at a great price.

Again, agree that something MUST be done about the line of communication and website, but he's on these boards why not PM him?

Jeff and I dealt a lot together and he was very nice. I like many of his products more than the competition, and his website and prices. I was all set to give him my final order (a couple days ago) when he said he had to pass on it because it was too complex and he was moving into a new location and would probably screw it up. He's still in business but not really processing my kind of orders this week. I was, of course, very disappointed, but I can't really blame him too much. I think kegcowboy is actually in expansion mode right now. Adding personnel.

And he is making newer regulators that are "much nicer", so wait a month (I guess) for them if you want.

I e-mailed Keg Cowboy over the w/e. I got a response right away Monday morning from a, "Jeff". I did not know he was the owner of an expanding business. So we went back and forth on what it is I needed.

SankePankey's comment leads me to absolutely place my order with the guy.

We all like it when a small business guy finally makes it. I can be patient while he hires people, pays them a wage, pays taxes and succeeds.

The guy is honest and cares. He will have my business.

Please do order from him. I think they offer some cools stuff and like how they take studio shots of their stuff themselves and whatnot. The website might not work perfect but it's fairly pretty and neat.

I will say that I did actually attempt for a second time to give them some business and it did not work well for me. I had to end up elsewhere, but then again I ask for more information pre-purchase than a lot of folks. Might just stick to the gear online and not ask for anything too custom from them at their level of CS. I don't want to rag on him as he is the little fish trying to grow up. It's when the big fish screw you that makes my blood boil!

I just think that they are perhaps a little understaffed and are competing against the much larger and more staffed Keg Connection in the same town. This is all conjecture of course since I don't know personally. I wish them luck and perhaps when I can get all the pre-purchase info I need before laying down the plastic, I might try to order from them a third time. Having said that they have pretty descriptive paragraphs on each thing on the website. I like how they have some organic ingredients. Some pretty inventive selections in gear. Quite reasonable pricing. There is a lot to like.

I never ordered anything and can't speak from personal experience post purchase, but the non-communicado thing mentioned infuriates me for sure as a consumer and I've felt that from another large "he who shall not be named" HBS that will never get my money again - (unfortunately, cause they carry great inventory).

The well informed buyer has little respite in this economy. You'd think it'd be otherwise, but it ain't.

Odd that nobody tries contacting Jeff via PM here on the boards. Yeah the customer service and website could use some more work but he's not trying to screw anyone over, he's an honest guy. I never even bothered trying to call the shop d/t reviews I read, I just contacted Jeff via PM here and HE called the shop and sorted it out. Got my order quick and at a great price.

Again, agree that something MUST be done about the line of communication and website, but he's on these boards why not PM him?

Thanks for the advice, I just PM'd him.

BTW Jeff reached out to me right away after the PM and is working to rectify the situation. Appreciate the dedication from him.

They're still in business. I heard he moved and might be opening another retail store somewhere on the east coast. He has a new team managing the Houston location.

I drove by their Houston store today and the shop is empty. Sign in window said they moved to Charlston, South Carolina so order from the website.

I ordered a chiller from the website last week and it appears my order has shipped.

Edit. Just received an email that it has arrived.

Back