As if we need another reason to love the Colorado Brewing scene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Colorado. I can't see myself ever moving back to the east coast or anywhere else for that matter.

That brew shop he has is pretty nice. I have been there once when I was in Fort Collins for business. It will be cool to have the pub right across the street. Taste a beer you like. Go across the street and buy the ingredients to make it. Sounds like a pretty good business model. I hope it works out.

Yeah it gives me yet another reason to go up to FOCO. I am from NYC orig and I hear ya on living the Colorado Dream

I am originally from PA. I live near vail now. It is too much fun. Laid back, close to cities and great craft beer. What else could you ask for?

I'm a second generation native. Family was one of the founders of Durango.

I just went to get my Pioneer plates with all the proof of 100 years of family living here, and was told 'anyone can get them now'. Oh well.

Love it here, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Yea, I never put to much stock in those pioneer plates. The weird thing about growing up in KS was nobody ever boasted that they were "local" or "native".....becuase who wants to brag about that in KS!!

Yea, I never put to much stock in those pioneer plates. The weird thing about growing up in KS was nobody ever boasted that they were "local" or "native".....becuase who wants to brag about that in KS!!

Actually the people I know from KS, and the people I have met traveling to our offices there for work, they are a pretty KS proud group. IT is almost elitist in some ways...strange!!!

Not sure what part of the state your Kansans are from, but thats def not the norm.....but then again if you live in five points doesn't everyone seem elitist? :)

On another note, the wife and I will be in Denver 4/16-4/21.....maybe we should put together a meet & drink? Was gonna stay at a buddies in Parker, but may wind up downtown, or both. Just an idea.

Not sure what part of the state your Kansans are from, but thats def not the norm.....but then again if you live in five points doesn't everyone seem elitist? :)

On another note, the wife and I will be in Denver 4/16-4/21.....maybe we should put together a meet & drink? Was gonna stay at a buddies in Parker, but may wind up downtown, or both. Just an idea.

Actually I am from the "Center of the Universe" NYC originally :p. I decided to semi- retire from city living about 10 years ago and moved to Boulder.....yeah I know the locals hate the place but I really liked it. Good music scene and lotsa good beer. Now I live in Denver (also another great place to live) I am just going by my visits to KS and the people I know from KS. Good idea about a meet up.. Keep me in the loop

I love Colorado. I can't see myself ever moving back to the east coast or anywhere else for that matter.

That brew shop he has is pretty nice. I have been there once when I was in Fort Collins for business. It will be cool to have the pub right across the street. Taste a beer you like. Go across the street and buy the ingredients to make it. Sounds like a pretty good business model. I hope it works out.

Sounds identical to Dry Dock:D (except no need to cross the street)

I like that place too. Sat in a seminar last weekend where the owner was on the panel. Nice guy. I try to stop in there whenever I am down in Denver.

Kevin seems like a really cool guy. I love Dry Dock from their staff, to selection to beer.

Really cool though how they will list the recipes to their beers on their site

If you are not busy tomorrow you should come up to Denver to check out the Parade of Darks at the Wynkoop

You know, I'm just not a huge fan of Wynkoop. The last few times I've been there the brews have been OK but nothing to write home about. My fave is Twisted Pine. The fact that I can smell them brewing from my office probably has something to do withit.

You know, I'm just not a huge fan of Wynkoop. The last few times I've been there the brews have been OK but nothing to write home about. My fave is Twisted Pine. The fact that I can smell them brewing from my office probably has something to do withit.

I am a fan of Twisted Pine also. When I worked for a small IT company on Valmont we were right next door to the brewery. We had Beer Thirty every Friday and would get growlers from them. Ahhh the good ol days of life in Boulder

That is a great idea. I need to point out to my boss that we are a scant 2.5 miles from Twisted pine and 2.1 from Boulder Beer. Hmmm....

Where are you? I'm on Range St. off of Arapahoe. And I have you beat, 1.8 from Twisted Pine, .8 from Avery. It's probably Avery that I smell then.

Back