Cheesefoods Caramel Cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
I brewed Cheesefood's Caramel Cream yesterday.. gosh the grains smelled SOO good.. and when racking to the carboy for fermentation it smelled awesome.. the vanilla sure added to it..

however last night i was happy to see a small bit of krausen building up.. gave me hope that it was working..

with this particular beer i did my first yeast starter as well so of course i was hoping that everything worked right...its fermenting now at about 74-75 degrees..what i do most of mine at...

well this am got up to check on it.. and WHAM.. my first almost explosion..

205xjl2.jpg

205xjqb.jpg

needless to say i think we caught it in time.. ive NEVER had a beer foam this much nor have this much activity.. so now we have our first blow off tube attached..

anyone else have any suggestions or experiences... i guess now i know why its called BOOM BOOM Vanilla in his second version. :tank:

Your temps are a little high and plus you used a starter so that accounts for your rapid and vigorous fermentation. I always use a blowoff tube now that I use starters. I get blowoff, or very close to one almost every time with a starter. Faster starts are a good thing. :D

I bugged Yuri about his, so I'm gonna bug you about yours. :drunk:

I know you've gotten it bottled, but have you sampled your version of Cheeses' Caramel Cream Ale? I'm thinking this is going to be one I want to do almost immediately, so I'm seeing how this has turned out for others....

So how has it come out? :D

Ize

i actually cracked one open this weekend because i was impatient..it had been in the bottle 2 weeks..

boy was it good.. i have to say that it did taste a little better when it was not quite so cold.. the flavors really came through.. at first it was a slight bitter taste but the after taste was wonderful..very creamy and slight vanilla.. now i didnt add as much vanilla as he said..but i was happy.. good head retention..beautiful color..

i think this is one of my favorites that ive done!

i brewed mine aug 7 - but it was 1.071 so it is taking its own sweet time to finish
i hope to bottle this coming weekend - my sample tastes good - so i will update in 3 weeks

Latest posts

Back