First Kegged Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISUBrew79

Reaction score
Today I wanted to brew BierMuncher's OktoberFAST ale. I had everything ready to go. I went to light my propane burner to heat my strike water, and propane was leaking out from the regulator:mad:. So I have to wait to brew until I get a new regulator. :(

I had 2 kegged beers sitting at room temp waiting to be put in my Oster 5.0 cf fridge kegerator( once I buy it). Well, rather than waste the 20 lbs of ice I had purchased for cooling my wort, I chilled down my 2.5 gallons of summer ordinary bitter ghetto style in a picnic cooler. I force carbed by shaking at 30 psi a few times (didn't take long, probably due to so much headspace in the keg) I just pulled my pint, and it is quite nice. Perhaps I'll post a pic of this beer later this evening.

Today I wanted to brew BierMuncher's OktoberFAST ale. I had everything ready to go. I went to light my propane burner to heat my strike water, and propane was leaking out from the regulator:mad:. So I have to wait to brew until I get a new regulator. :(

I had 2 kegged beers sitting at room temp waiting to be put in my Oster 5.0 cf fridge kegerator( once I buy it). Well, rather than waste the 20 lbs of ice I had purchased for cooling my wort, I chilled down my 2.5 gallons of summer ordinary bitter ghetto style in a picnic cooler. I force carbed by shaking at 30 psi a few times (didn't take long, probably due to so much headspace in the keg) I just pulled my pint, and it is quite nice. Perhaps I'll post a pic of this beer later this evening.

Well, I like the bad news..........good news aspect to this thread! I'd love to see a picture!

Here's my summer ordinary bitter, fresh out of the keg:rockin:.

IMG_0789.jpg

FWIW,

In the future I'll use the "set-and-forget" method of force-carbing. Shaking the keg definitely stirred up what little sediment was in the beer, and it took a couple days for that to settle back down and start pouring clear beer again.

Back