help needed (flamenting)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polland1983

Reaction score
hi 2day i have started my 1st trail brew b4 i use my real kit but am having alot of problems i am brewing a cheep alki pop using 3 oranges 1, 5ltr bottle of still water 1/2 lb of sugar beer yeast yeast nutraints and will b adding orange concintrate wen and if it flements

1st problem or mistake i made was just putting in nutraints but added yeast 10mins ltr wen realized it didnt have yeast in

then the amount of yeast i added was a sachet for 22.5 ltrs wen the batch is only 5ltrs

now 2 the stupid part wer i think i have messed it all up completly. i noticed the sugar was all stuck at bottom so i tightned cap turned upside down and shoock 2 get it 2 fall 2 top it worked and only small amount went back 2 bottom but now no yeast sedaments r floating at top will this still flement ? should i do anythingels i do not want to add anymore yeast as it already has way more than it should have.

any advice will b greatfuly welcomed as this is my 1st time brewing anything

(hope i have posted this in right place)

1) nutrients prior to yeast is fine.
1.5) more yeast won't be an issue. The main problem is just that you don't get to save the yeast for later batches, or that it takes up space.
2) That's fine. The yeast gets mixed up into the liquid anyways, it doesn't stay on top. Also, if the sugar has settled, that's fine too. The yeast will still be eating at it.

ahh ok i have bn shaking it alot now 2 get sugar from settlin on bottom is it ok 2 consume the yeast wen it has done flementing ?

You'll probably want to stop shaking it after the first day, since you won't want too much air in the liquid. Some people like the yeast, some people don't. Yeast does have a flavor to it which will influence the flavor of the drink. most will want to let the yeast settle by making the drink cold, or letting it all ferment so that the yeast have nothing to work with and just stop.

hi 2day i have started my 1st trail brew b4 i use my real kit but am having alot of problems i am brewing a cheep alki pop using 3 oranges 1, 5ltr bottle of still water 1/2 lb of sugar beer yeast yeast nutraints and will b adding orange concintrate wen and if it flements

1st problem or mistake i made was just putting in nutraints but added yeast 10mins ltr wen realized it didnt have yeast in

then the amount of yeast i added was a sachet for 22.5 ltrs wen the batch is only 5ltrs

now 2 the stupid part wer i think i have messed it all up completly. i noticed the sugar was all stuck at bottom so i tightned cap turned upside down and shoock 2 get it 2 fall 2 top it worked and only small amount went back 2 bottom but now no yeast sedaments r floating at top will this still flement ? should i do anythingels i do not want to add anymore yeast as it already has way more than it should have.

any advice will b greatfuly welcomed as this is my 1st time brewing anything

(hope i have posted this in right place)

ahhhh... my eyeballs started rotating trying to read this. not jiggling.. they were actually circling in my head

Back