Movie: Beer Wars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJekyll-HomeBrew

Reaction score
i have just purchased the dvd of this video. I can not wait to watch it and enjoy more aspects homebrewing. any reviews?

pretty good overall. I learned quite a bit from it. The lady that thinks she came up with caffeine in beer is annoying as hell.

i thought it was OK.

i saw it during the live movie broadcast, which had a lot of kinks. plus, ben stein moderating the discussion afterwards sucked. it was pretty obvious he didn't even watch the movie.

and it really is more about small business vs big business in terms of breweries, not craft beer vs BMC.

i thought it was OK.

i saw it during the live movie broadcast, which had a lot of kinks. plus, ben stein moderating the discussion afterwards sucked. it was pretty obvious he didn't even watch the movie.

and it really is more about small business vs big business in terms of breweries, not craft beer vs BMC.

and how the 3-tier system is set up to benefit the large breweries.

and how the 3-tier system is set up to benefit the large breweries.

Yep that. I worked as a bartender for a while and had to deal with the representatives for different distributors to place orders. There is just so many loop holes to jump through to get a new brew in this state. Then you have to have it shipped in with the larger breweries supply.....its messed up for sure. Its sad that slingly money around can prohibit the small guy at the distribution level. I thought this was a monopoly free government......I guess not.

Yep that. I worked as a bartender for a while and had to deal with the representatives for different distributors to place orders. There is just so many loop holes to jump through to get a new brew in this state. Then you have to have it shipped in with the larger breweries supply.....its messed up for sure. Its sad that slingly money around can prohibit the small guy at the distribution level. I thought this was a monopoly free government......I guess not.

it's monopoly free, unless you grease the right pockets. you can do ANYTHING in America, as long as you give the right amount of money to the elected officials.

Back