Charging Corny's with air

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrabb22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use my air compressor to pressure test and run cleaner and sanitizer through the lines instead of wasting CO2. I could rig up a corny disconnect to the compressor disconnect and set my compressor to 20lb output.

The only thing I can think of is the possibility of your compressor producing condensation and pumping it into the keg. You may get small amounts of compressor lube (oil) in there too. I wouldn't risk it. Unfiltered compressed air can be nasty, save it for your car tires.

You must have a lot of faith in the filtration, Personally, I would only trust compressed air from a scuba tank. Maybe because the air in our company plants is so friggin wet and nasty.

You must have a lot of faith in the filtration, Personally, I would only trust compressed air from a scuba tank. Maybe because the air in our company plants is so friggin wet and nasty.

Yeah, but that's exactly how they get the air into scuba tanks - compressor and a filter. ;)

Back