Orfy... Guinness Marmite. Worthwhile or Marketing Crap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it depends what you base it on. Worth while?
For the fun of it etc etc etc yes.

But for taste and quality of product then no.
I can't see it making it better in any way so I'll not bother.

Now if your're talking gravy made from fresh beef stock with a teaspoon or two of marmite and a glass of stout....then your on a winner.

You should.

Large slice of crusty bread with loads of butter. Don't over load it at first, just a smeer.

Then try the mature cheddar route.
Also try it in gravy and as a thin rub on a roast beef.
I sent sudmonkey some last year in return for a bottle of pig sauce.:ban:

*shudders*

I've never had english food, but I remember the food in Ireland being absolutely awful. You guys eat some disgusting stuff :)

You know what sounds good? A nice batch of Mountain Oysters. :D

No.
We (I) eat good stuff, if you don't like it then that's not our(my) problem. Go grab a McDondalds.;) I'll stick with the Haggis nad Black pudding.:rockin:

Just giving you a hard time.....no offense meant.

I've seen some pretty horrific food here - McDonalds is among the worst offenders!

Barbeque....nothing like a brisket that's been smoked all day!

Actually, when I did go to Ireland I really enjoyed the pudding. I was really surprised by that. It reminded me of stuffing on thanksgiving day.

orfy said:
No offence taken.

Just giving you a hard time back.

What's you're idea of good food?

I gotta say, I've had black pudding and I wasn't thrilled. Haggis was actually not bad, especially on chicken. Marmite took a bit, but I appreciate it now. Eating baked beans with breakfast was also a new one for a while, but now I can eat them anytime.

Edit: oh, and Coleman mustard is amazing

orfy said:
You should.

Large slice of crusty bread with loads of butter. Don't over load it at first, just a smeer.

Then try the mature cheddar route.
Also try it in gravy and as a thin rub on a roast beef.
I sent sudmonkey some last year in return for a bottle of pig sauce.:ban:

For which I am eternally grateful. It's long gone and I'm having a hard time finding it here. We've made some goat cheese that is good with mustard, but just screams for marmite!

Latest posts

Back