• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - or trade - 3 three-piece SS ball valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[edit] Since I can't find any interest in the welding route, I'm offering these up for sale or trade. I'd be happy to trade all 3 of these for 2 threaded 1/2" three-piece SS valves, or I can sell them for $12 each + shipping.

Original post:

I recently bought some three-piece 1/2" ball valves off eBay. To my dismay, they turned out to be socket-weld, not threaded, despite my confirmation that they were threaded prior to purchase (see here for details).

Is there anybody here that'd be able to weld threaded fittings (or possible tri-clovers or camlocks) onto these for me? I don't trust my family-friend welder to do the job properly or quickly (or even comprehend what I need to have done).

Alternately, I'd like to trade these 3 socket-weld three-piece valves for 2 threaded three-piece valves. Any takers?

Sorry for the delay, everyone. Yes, they are still for sale. I have attached a picture of the non-threaded end. It's socket-weld.

IMG_5107.JPG

A word of caution for anyone thinking about welding on a socket weld ball valve.
You have to disassemble the valve so that you do not destroy the seals.
20 years welding in case anyone wonders how I know.

A word of caution for anyone thinking about welding on a socket weld ball valve.
You have to disassemble the valve so that you do not destroy the seals.
20 years welding in case anyone wonders how I know.

Good advice. I however have welded tri clamp but weld ends onto five, 3/8" valves from Mcmaster in the past few months and have had no problems. I was not worried as the mcmaster valves came with extra seals.

Sorry for the delay, everyone. Yes, they are still for sale. I have attached a picture of the non-threaded end. It's socket-weld.

I might be interested. What is the inside dimension of the socket?

The inside of the socket is 7/8".

These are 3-piece valves. When you take them apart, the seals comes off, so I imagine they'd be easy to weld to.

These are still for sale. I got a decent deal for 5 valves, so I don't need any valves in trade. If you have something else to trade, let me know!

Back