MRI results are in . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who ever voted for anything in the poll I made in the drunken ramblings section . . . well you were wrong. It turns out I have a sprain of my LCL AND a broke my fibula in 2 places right where it joins up with the tibia. One break is on the outside and one is in the back. NO SURGERY :ban:

Go figure :drunk: I never suspected an actual fracture.

Well I'll be off work for month so maybe I will make that 25% beer since I cant think of anything else to do

Most of us, I think, voted for "wussy clutz," which doesn't really conflict with anything you've told us here... :D

Good to hear about the no-surgury - now, get brewing!

Pumbaa said:
Well I'll be off work for month so maybe I will make that 25% beer since I cant think of anything else to do

Sorry to hear about your knee.

...keep me informed about your 25%! I did not think that it would go that high! :mug:

Good news, man. You've been walking around on a broken leg? That alone shows you are a tough bastard. Maybe that wussy option was a little inappropriate?

Good luck and happy brewing. :mug:

Pumbaa said:
Who ever voted for anything in the poll I made in the drunken ramblings section . . . well you were wrong. It turns out I have a sprain of my LCL AND a broke my fibula in 2 places right where it joins up with the tibia. One break is on the outside and one is in the back. NO SURGERY :ban:

Go figure :drunk: I never suspected an actual fracture.

Welcome to the broken leg club. I also have a broken fibula (now healing after 9 months.). We should start our own "Broken leg homebrew club". Only for the toughest of the toughest.

Seriously, I'm happy (?) that it's not as bad as it first sounded. It's good that it's a sprain that will heal without surgery. Hopefully, you're getting by without too many painkillers so you can have a cold one every night.
:mug:
Wishing you a speedy recovery;
Lorena

lorenae said:
Hopefully, you're getting by without too many painkillers so you can have a cold one every night.
:mug:

I dont normally take any pain killers including asprin and stuff. When I first did it I was taking 800mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours for the swelling but after they started making my gut hurt I quit them, so I am doing this all med free. Sort of ironic I guess I give patients morphine all the time but I wont take it myself. Even when I broke my ribs this summer I had to fight with the doctor to get out of the ER WITOUT getting a script for Oxycotin, Percaset (sp?) and morphine . . . go figure

Pumbaa said:
I dont normally take any pain killers including asprin and stuff. When I first did it I was taking 800mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours for the swelling but after they started making my gut hurt I quit them, so I am doing this all med free. Sort of ironic I guess I give patients morphine all the time but I wont take it myself. Even when I broke my ribs this summer I had to fight with the doctor to get out of the ER WITOUT getting a script for Oxycotin, Percaset (sp?) and morphine . . . go figure

Like the rest of us, you self-medicate with the homebrew. Sorry to hear you're out of commission for a bit, but I guess if you're going to go hurting yourself, there are worse ways you could have done it.

I hope you're feeling better really soon, and keep us up to date on the strong beer! :mug:

Latest posts

Back