Where to get good beer in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeasst

Reaction score
I'm coming to Chicago for a conference in mid July and wanted to find out some good breweries/pubs to get some good beer. What are the best beers brewed and distributed in Chicago and where is a good place to go? Preferably a brewery or pub and not a bottle shop.

Revolution
Half Acre
Haymarket
Piece
Local Option
Lagunitas
Goose Island

all have nice tap rooms/brew pubs. Go to a store and get stuff from Pipeworks, Spiteful, Two Brothers, Solemn Oath, or Une Annee.

Revolution
Half Acre
Haymarket
Piece
Local Option
Lagunitas
Goose Island

All of these, though if you are looking for Chicago specific brews I would skip the Lagunitas and Goose Island. Just tried some Haymarket beers for the first time a few weeks ago and was very impressed. I also can't recommend Half Acre and Revolution enough.

Revolution

Half Acre

Haymarket

Piece

Local Option

Lagunitas

Goose Island

all have nice tap rooms/brew pubs. Go to a store and get stuff from Pipeworks, Spiteful, Two Brothers, Solemn Oath, or Une Annee.

Isn't lagunitas a CA brewery??

Isn't lagunitas a CA brewery??

they just opened a second (gigantic) brewery in Chicago this spring. http://lagunitas.com/tag/chicago/

I'd add three floyds and new glarus, bells to the list, not chicago beers but localish (Three floyds is in indiana, new glarus wisconsin and bells michigan) and you can find them on tap/in bottles at bars. what area of the city will you be in?

they just opened a second (gigantic) brewery in Chicago this spring. http://lagunitas.com/tag/chicago/

I'd add three floyds and new glarus, bells to the list, not chicago beers but localish (Three floyds is in indiana, new glarus wisconsin and bells michigan) and you can find them on tap/in bottles at bars. what area of the city will you be in?

Cool, I didn't know that! I'd definitely make the trip to FFF when I visit Chicago.

They pretty much gave you the main info you need. There are also some great craft beer bars that will have the local goods on tap and for sale

So you're in the loop, right downtown, which is not an area I know very well, but I have herd many good things about the beer selection at Kasey's Tavern, 701 s Dearborn about 2 miles south of your hotel.

If you do make it out to the suburbs:

Solemn Oath in Naperville
Two Brothers in Warrenville
Emmett's Alehouse in Downers Grove
Flesk Brewing in Lombard
Urban Legend in Westmont

These five are southwest of Chicago, but all of them are less than an hours' drive of each other.

Chain O Lakes in McHenry
Lucky Monk in South Barrington

These two are northwest of Chicago, but both are excellent

The Chicago Home Brewers Group is having their monthly meeting on Wednesday, July 16th at Fischman's which has a very nice selection of beers on tap, a great beer selection in their store and you'll get to taste many different home brews from our members.

What about near Wicker park that has food and beer?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We want there last night and it was great. Is there a bottle shop near Hyatt regency at McCormick downtown?

We want there last night and it was great. Is there a bottle shop near Hyatt regency at McCormick downtown?

Binny's South Loop on Jefferson is awesome. Printers Row Wine Shop sometimes has interesting stuff, and should have most Chicago standards.

Just left Maria's packaged goods. Thanks for the suggestion got to have some goods draft beers and picked up some pipewerks and buffalo sweat.

Back