• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Georgia can this be legit? dirt cheap grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewers grain is spent grain. Here we give ours to my brother in law for the cows and pigs. In turn, I get a half a cow and a pig for the freezers every year. Works for me.

yea, that is used grain not suitable for brewing, only for feed animals.... make some fat ^&CK chickens... LOL

Since when does brewers grain contain hops LOL?

And on a side note, does spent grain have any nutritional value for the livestock, or is it just filler? I was assuming most of the nutritional value was removed during the mashing process?

Since when does brewers grain contain hops LOL?

My guess is its a process thing... they probably can't or don't want to put solids down their wastewater drain so they separate the hops, grain, other solids into a bin and it all goes to the farm.

Back