Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you use different style glasses for different brews?

I have a tall tulip glass for heavier 12oz beers and a straight sided pint glass for draft and standard ales.

oh yea! i use a tulip for ale British style ales and American ales, especialy for hoppy brews. i use a weizen glass for, well, weizens! i prefer the tulip glass out of them all though. for a big Belgian beer that needs to breath a little, i use a snifter type glass. helps get the aromas when you take a sip. you get all aspects of the beer that way :^)

I have about a dozen different styles (double that if you include sample glasses). I tend to just use one of my Pinch Pints, except for the heavy stuff.

I've been thinking about getting some different glasses for different brews. I think it's all part of the craft, admiring your efforts displayed in the appropriate glass for the brew, then taking that first sip and savouring the flavour....

And I'm sure that like DeRoux says, I'm sure that certain brews are best served in the correct glass to get the full experience of aromas etc.

BlightyBrewer said:
I've been thinking about getting some different glasses for different brews. I think it's all part of the craft, admiring your efforts displayed in the appropriate glass for the brew, then taking that first sip and savouring the flavour....

And I'm sure that like DeRoux says, I'm sure that certain brews are best served in the correct glass to get the full experience of aromas etc.

I'll have to agree with both of you...that's why i have over 100 glasses (50+ are Hefe Weizens), about 80-100 ceramic mugs - 0,5 and 1,0 liter sizes, with pewter tops and without, I also have a passle of 1 liter mugs (both ceramic and glass) including 1 each from all 6 of Munich's Breweries - straight from the O'fest itself! :D And a half-yard, but alas, no boots. They never really appealed to me, but I guess they are obligatory for any collection. :D Oh yeah, and about 100 pewter shot glasses. I have 2 Budweiser table cloths from the Czech Republic, a set of crystal Budvar glasses and Guiness glasses from Dublin (and a couple bar towels). I also do coasters.

With all the traveling I do and the beers I drink what type of souveniors did you think I collected? :D

I knew a guy that put a bunch of assorted beer coasters in large frames in his living room (batchelors can do that). They were really nice. I've thought about doing that.

Latest posts

Back