corned beef brisket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
I like to cut it up into cubes and boil it for about 3 hours
I will then add diced turnip, potato and carrots along with shredded cabbage and will season it with salt and pepper. this is served as a soup.
the other favorite way is to roast it and then its slice it thinly and make Rueben sandwiches.
what other ways do people like to do theirs?

I've done it in a pot, boiled with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, with a few (or more) cloves of garlic (smashed) for a boiled dinner. Wouldn't want it as a soup. :eek:
I've also done beer braised in a good sized dutch oven, inside the oven (yeah, who would have thunk it)... :D
I've also made it JUST for making sandwiches (Reuben's especially). I still add the garlic to the pot from the start.
If you smoke it, it's essentially pastrami. :D

Overnight it on low in a crock-pot, in the morning put on medium and add fingerling potatoes, cabbage, and carrots. Ready at lunch time where I eat it like a steak with veggies on the side. Leftovers are used to make sandwiches.

Back