First gravity reading ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slantedbolt

Reaction score
So I have just done my first ever gravity reading. The FG is suppose to be 1.09 and it is currently at 1.14. I am going to check it again in a couple days so I know not to worry.

I tasted it and now I know EXACTLY what Green beer tastes like! Because it is spiced, it tastes like beer with a pound of ginger in it!

Here is my beautiful brew!

img0749acw.jpg

Yeah, you're missing a digit after the decimal point. But we all know what you meant!

I'm surprised you'd expect a FG of 1.009, though- that's lower than almost all of my beers. Did you use a pound or two of corn sugar, which would ferment out all the way?

Yeah, you're missing a digit after the decimal point. But we all know what you meant!

I'm surprised you'd expect a FG of 1.009, though- that's lower than almost all of my beers. Did you use a pound or two of corn sugar, which would ferment out all the way?

Considering I have NO idea where I got 1.009 from, its suppose to be 1.012 so I am almost there...

As a rule of thumb, I typically add .001-.002, because the surface tension of the wort clings up around the sides of your hydro...

Back