BYO Hop Lover's Guide - Highly Recommended

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I picked up this Special Newstand Only Issue today at Austin Homebrew today and it is a great issue. Normally would would not issue such a shameful plug for a mag, but I am glad I picked it up today. It's well worth the $6.99 price for the wealth of information applicable to noob and experienced brewer. Every HBT member can benefit from the content.

It has clone recipes (all grain and extract) for the following beers:

AleSmith IPA
Flying Dog Gonzo Porter
Hop Rod Rye (Bear Republic)
Mirror Pond Pale Ale (Deschutes)
Sierra Nevada Celebration
Two Hearted Ale (Bells)
Racer 5
Hop Jack Pale Ale (Widmer)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Pliney the Elder
Stone Runiation IPA
Dreadnaught (Three Floyds)
Bottleworks IPA (Dicks Brewing)
Old Ruffian (Great Divide)
Rogue's Imperial IPA
Lagunita's IPA
Acme IPA
Elissa IPA (St. Arnold of Texas)
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Tröegs Hopback Amber Ale
Toki's Brutal Pale Ale
Groom Lake IPA
Bierce's Bitter
Dogfish 60 minute IPA
Dogfish 90
Stone Darth Porter
Fuller ESB
Left Hand Twin Sisters double IPA
Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout
Sierra Nevada Stout
North Coasts Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Avery New World Porter
Dogfish Indian Brown Ale
Anchor Steam
Young's Special London Ale

These articles have loads of info and are great reference material for any homebrewer.

Hop Basics
Buying and Storing Hops
Hopping Methods
Hopping Help for Extract Brewers
Build Your Own Hop Projects
Growing Hops
Calculating IBUs
Hoppy Recipes
Hop Charts

I have nothing to do with BYO other than being a subscriber. I just think that after reviewing the issue, that it would be important to bring it to folks attention. My issue will be in the "library" for near future till I want to reference it on my next brew day.

Go get it at your local homebrew store or order it online. You'll be glad you did!

HopLoversGuide.jpg

Would there be a online news stand that would have this? I am an hour minimum from any hbs and would like to get my hands on one of these.

I was at my LHBS getting my grain bill today (see Deathbrewers Banana Bread Ale) and one of the customers asked for the latest issue. "Right! I forgot to put it out!" the owner said. Was very close to picking this up, now I'll go back and get it!

Would there be a online news stand that would have this? I am an hour minimum from any hbs and would like to get my hands on one of these.

Check out book stores in your area. Before I became a subscriber, I picked up the occasional issue from Barnes & Nobles at the mall.

Back