Going to try a dry hopped cider experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofgrok

n00basaurus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just started my first 5 gallon cider last weekend. 5 gallons organic pure cider, no additives, yadda yadda yadda. EC1118 yeast, green tea for tannins.

Anyway, the cider came in awesome 1 gallon jugs so I started 5 different mini-meads (with balloon airlocks) in the empty jugs ( I always wanted to try ghetto brewing). Lo and behold I had an extra gallon of cider as well. I am going to experiment with pitching some more EC1118 yeast in the single gallon (I have crap-tons of that yeast) and I just happen to have .5 oz of willamette hops in the fridge from a recent amber batch I did.

The plan is to primary it for 2 weeks, dry hop it for a 3rd, bottle and enjoy. We shall see how it turns out!

And yes... "crap-tons" IS the SI unit.

Your kind of making a graff. And the floral qualities of willamette vs the earthy piney ones of cascade seem like they would be a better choice. But that's just the way I imagine it.

Back