lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled 10 gallons of American lager last night!

20150514_205613.jpg

20150514_200324.jpg

Got the stout for my PM whiskely ale in the fermenter last night. Both FV's full again!

Stout on the left, Irish red on the right. Might be bottling that one tomorrow?

This was the last batch I brewed, many moons ago, an extract Cream Ale kit from my LHBS. Like a complete doofus, I didn't put a blow off hose on as I normally would, and 24 hours after I pitched my yeast, I had a vigorous head of foam coming out of the airlock. :drunk:

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Starting bottom left, going clockwise: DogFish Head 120min clone (all grain), Blue Moon Clone (extract), Belgium Pale Ale (all grain), EdWort's Apfelwein, Winexpert Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon primary fermentation. The three beers are now in corny kegs and the Cabernet is in a glass carboy for secondary fermentation. The waiting is truly the hardest part :D

I don't use blowoff tubes so the plastic sheeting taped to the walls makes for easy cleanup if I get a gusher.

IMG_1660.jpg

@ NJBrews Dexter, is that a kill room?

Ha! It does look suspicious. :p

After scrubbing wort out of that industrial carpet one time I learned my lesson. I'll probably switch to blow-off tubes when I start doing 5.5 gallon batches to get a full 5 gallons in my corney kegs. :mug:

ZLleXLk9ptPSPAEBx6nUtDbRmd6TGTatFBj2q3wgvneD=w908-h681-no

Fifteen gallons of love for our upcoming Hop Yard Social!

On the left is Switchback Cream Ale. The two on the right are Big Rail Blonde Ale. In front you can see the right airlock smutted up and that's why both Blondes get a blow-off tube.

This is an imperial Porter (OG 1.113) that's going to eventually make its way into a rye whiskey barrel. I've never had a krausen that big on a beer.

Is that your temp probe in large bubble wrap, taped to fermentor?

I'm close to converting a deep freeze, and I like your "closer to fermentor temp" approach compared to just having probe reading the cold air.

Is that your temp probe in large bubble wrap, taped to fermentor?

I'm close to converting a deep freeze, and I like your "closer to fermentor temp" approach compared to just having probe reading the cold air.

not my post but that is their temp probe taped to the fermenter.

IPA with Citra, Amarillo, Cascade and some schezuan peppercorns I brewed up on Saturday.

1xb3NHo.jpg

I gotta get a new picture as now there is 5.5 gallons of Centennial Blonde I brewed on Sunday sitting right next to it.

:ban:

not my post but that is their temp probe taped to the fermenter.

What they said ^

It's right on track with what the fermometer reads every time, so it's fairly accurate. During active fermentation the inside temp of the beer might be a degree or so higher, but it's good enough for me.

Not the best picture b/c it's from a distance. But this is my new fast ferment system that I mounted the other day. I brewed an IPA (early yesterday morning) recipe I found called Hoppin' IPA but with a little twist based on the ingredients the LHBS had available.
first_ff_brew_hoppin_ipa-65861.jpg

IPA on the left, Centennial Blonde on the right.

lwPUviB.jpg

Should be finishing up in the next day or so, then dry hops for the IPA and a Diacetyl rest for both, hopefully in bottles next weekend.

From left to right:

-Split batch of rye saison (the fermentors with towels wrapped around them), one with wy3711 and one with wlp644, to blend.
-Belgian wit with wlp410
-IIPA with Equinox, El Dorado, Lemon Drop
-Honey blonde with Wai-Iti hops
-Wild red ale (glass carboy on the wire rack), only a couple weeks old atm

IMG_0612.jpg

My first brew in my fermentation chamber as well as my first brew in over 6 months. Getting excited to see how the Bit R Done comes out. So far everything has gone remarkably well.

What double port stopper are you using there in you BmB?

Trying out my first real post here on HBT. First photo is a Belgian Pale Ale about to come out of primary. Second photo is a hard apple cider in secondary with fresh diced apple chunks.

Belgian Pale - Partial Mash - Primary.jpg

Hard Apple Cider - Secondary.jpg

Back