GREAT Restaurant Gift Card Deal!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Okay so I have used Restaurant.com in the past for restaurant gift cards at a discounted price... BUT yesterday I also found a coupon code that is good for an ADDITIONAL 70% off! Meaning.

$10 gift cards are $3... 70% off and you are looking at $.90
$25 gift cards are $10... 70% off and you are looking at $3

And so on.

I bought $130 worth of gift cards for under $16 last night... :ban:

Anyone want the coupon code??

The code is: SUPER

The 70% discount will show up as soon as you enter it in at your shopping cart page.

Happy shopping fellas.

Nice. Thanks. Is there any sort of catch with these (apart from the listed restrictions on some about days/alcohol/etc.)? Mostly I mean expiration date, I guess.

They expire 1 year after purchase, except in Cali, where that is illegal, they are infinitely good there.

The best deals are the $25 cards that requre a $35 purchase...

Make sure you watch everything you do on that site.. read all the fine print. A month after I got my restaurant.com gift card I found out they sold my debit card information to their sister company. That company then signed me up for a $14.95/mo service that I would never use; just google around a bit for ShoppingEssentials.com and Restaurant.com and you will find out all about it.

I called ShoppingEssentials.com and was able to get "unsigned" up and they also reversed the charges.

In retrospect I guess its possible that I missed a checkbox somewhere, but I am always cautious about watching for those boxes. Buyer beware :)....

edit: here is an example:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/354/RipOff0354675.htm

After you order, there are check boxes to sign you up for stuff yuo DONT want probably. So just be observant. I have used them as well as my FIL for a couple years, never had an issue.

After you order, there are check boxes to sign you up for stuff yuo DONT want probably. So just be observant. I have used them as well as my FIL for a couple years, never had an issue.

I agree; just make sure that you watch it or they will do more than just send you a bunch of crappy emails you don't want. Missing a checkbox or radio button will sign you up for a $15/month fee, which is pretty lame.

If you're really worried about it, some (most?) credit cards allow you to create a temporary card number with a set limit to use in online shopping. So create a temp number with just enough to cover the cards you're buying and you should be good.

I contacted restaurant.com to ask. They said there is a survey at the end that signs you up. Whatever the case, I paid with Paypal - that way they cannot sign me up for some stupid service as they have no access to any of my account numbers. Also, using this method I was not exposed to any surveys or other crap.

Thanks Pol!

YES, if you do the survey you will get banged. THERE IS NOTHING FREE HERE! The survey sayes free... but then also states it subscribes you. This website is not for the illiterate ;)

They survey is just like 4 little boxes...

Is this really for real? I am able to get $100 worth of gift cards to a really nice restaurant around here for $12 (I am sure there are fees and stuff though). I am hesitant to put in my credit card information though.

There are no other fees.

There is no catch.

There is no subscription.

It is legit.

My family has purchased probably 50 cards from this place and never had one issue.

If you dont want to use it, then dont. I find it humorous that people have blown up on the internet how they were "unfairly" or "unknowingly" subscribed to something that they clicked on. Dont people take responsibility for thier own actions anymore? This sounds like the "predatory lender" argument. The big bad lenders that "made" people buy homes that they could not afford. Cracks me up.

Before you click on anything on this site, or any other, read it. That is my only disclaimer.

It is advertising... ever gotten an "Entertainment Book" where you get free meals, 50% off meals etc...? It is the same as buying an "Entertainment Book".

It is advertising.

http://indianapolis.entertainment.com/discount/browse.shtml

It is bringing in people that may have never HEARD of you... or ever tried your place. A whole entertainment book is like $17, and you will save that on ONE meal at most places.

It is advertising... ever gotten an "Entertainment Book" where you get free meals, 50% off meals etc...? It is the same as buying an "Entertainment Book".

It is advertising.

Indianapolis/Central Indiana - Local - Restaurants, Hotels & Travel, Shopping & Grocery - Entertainment Coupon Book

It is bringing in people that may have never HEARD of you... or ever tried your place. A whole entertainment book is like $17, and you will save that on ONE meal at most places.

Yep, I just bought certificates for three restaurants in my area that I otherwise probably wouldn't have gone to. They sound great, they're just a little out of the way. I wouldn't have gone before but I will now! $140 in gift certificates for under $20. And I was pleasantly surprised that there was no service fee. You print them yourself so you could buy it and use it same day. I did not know about this site but I'm gonna use it.

Question, it says, "Valid for dinner only with a minimum food purchase of $35." Does it include drinks (beer) purchased with you dinner or only the food?

It generally does NOT include alcohol, in many states it is ILLEGAL to discount alcohol in any way at restaurants.

It generally does NOT include alcohol, in many states it is ILLEGAL to discount alcohol in any way at restaurants.
Hey Pol. Where were you last week? The brew pub that a group from HBT got together at last Sunday is on the list, Ship Inn in Milford, NJ. I just purchased four $25 coupons for $12. Payed with PayPal and there doesn't appear to be any strings.

As for alcoholic drinks, it says on the coupon that it is at the discretion of the restaurant. We'll see what they say.

Thanks!

Hey man, I have been lounging at home for about 7 days now! They have not called... so I am just hanging out. This is the FIRST time I have been able to see a brew FERMENT from start to finish in the primary!! In almost 4 years of brewing! :tank:

Glad I could help some of you get some steals on gift cards!

If you have a DISCOVER card... the only one I use. If you link to restaurant.com through the Shop Dicover website, you get an ADDITIONAL 20% cash back. :D

There are no other fees.

There is no catch.

There is no subscription.

It is legit.

My family has purchased probably 50 cards from this place and never had one issue.

If you dont want to use it, then dont. I find it humorous that people have blown up on the internet how they were "unfairly" or "unknowingly" subscribed to something that they clicked on. Dont people take responsibility for thier own actions anymore? This sounds like the "predatory lender" argument. The big bad lenders that "made" people buy homes that they could not afford. Cracks me up.

Before you click on anything on this site, or any other, read it. That is my only disclaimer.

The problem with sites like these is that they operate in a legal way but attempt to make money by deceiving people. Sure everything is spelled out on the pages, however they know most people skim the fine print. So they make you have to read the fine print to avoid extra charges. I call that deception. Sure if you are diligent then you won't be caught but i would rather frequent some place that shows me some respect.

Predatory lenders took advantage of people in a similar way. They convinced people who did not know better that they could afford the loans. In both cases it is ultimately the responsibility of the consumer to be inform themselves but the seller are doing their best to obscure that information.

Craig

I aint all that intelligiment and I figered it out on the first try :D

Back