Overly sensative coworkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
So I got scolded for my attitude in an email today. Long story short, this employee always insists I call our vendor to troubleshoot any issues that arise with a piece of software. Today she did the same. In short I told her I am able to do initial troubleshooting on the product before getting the vendor involved. By initial, I mean pretty much short of writing the software. So fast forward 20 minutes and I figured out the issue and sent her an email detailing what can be done on her end. My supervisor then calls me and tells me I need to watch my attitude in emails and mind my etiquette. REALLY!! Are you that Fcking sensitive that you took my initial email as ignorant and cocky. How did you get this far in life without killing someone or yourself for not being able to handle the world! ugh.. I sent the email to my fiance and she thought it was a perfectly polite email. So before I got too fired up, I checked myself and was within pansy ass lines...

To quote the all mighty Creamy.
"This too shall pass"

It's your supervisor that is the problem here. Unless you actually did make inappropriate comments in your response then he should have told her to be professional and stop acting like a little girl. I would report this to your local ethics department or HR if I were you.

I work in the oilfields, and I also work in an office a good bit of the time. Some people just have skin that is way too thin. THIS is why I think conversing through e-mail is not always the best idea. The other person cannot hear your tone of voice and may take things the wrong way. Given the choice, I make phone calls these days.

Really sucks when something like that happens at work, I had something similar a few months back and it made me feel horrible. Truth be told, your feelings are probably a lot more hurt than her's.

It kills me that I come back with a solution to her problem 20 minutes later and get chastised for it. I've been looking for a new job for a while but haven't gotten any positive bites yet. Hoping one comes soon. This company has a ton of employees that have a real self entitlement issue. Think I'm just at a tipping point.

These days, people seem to look for ways to be offended so they can make a big fuss over it. Bunch of p*ssies, in my opinion.
I get into trouble myself, but the difference is that I do sometimes have a shtty attitude, mainly because we are all supposed to be professionals, but some are just so damn stupid you have to wonder how they even got the job in the first place. I don't mind helping out, but I also can't tolerate utter stupidity very well, especially if it has a negative impact on my production.
OK, I'm done.

Coalcrackers email.

Look, you stupid #*$^%. How many times do I have to tell you, you have to turn the *&^%ing machine on first. Holy crap. I don't know which has more air, your head or your bra. Geez, woman. Just sit there and wait for a man to come help.

Sincerely,
Coalcracker

Nope. I don't see a problem there either. :cross:

If you go a day at my job without someone saying something rude to you, you wonder why they are mad at you.

I tried to avoid that in my inital post but I could have started straight out of the gate with that argument. Considering the company is 95% women, I deal with the catiness bull everyday. I'd rather work with 10 ******** than 100 hot women any day of the week.

I tried to avoid that in my inital post but I could have started straight out of the gate with that argument. Considering the company is 95% women, I deal with the catiness bull everyday. I'd rather work with 10 ******** than 100 hot women any day of the week.

95%??? Holy cr@p, that's gotta suck. Does anything actually get done there? No wonder you homebrew...

especially if it has a negative impact on my production.
OK, I'm done.

Stupid I don't like, but can deal with. Negativly productive, and i'll do my best to get you fired so you aren't in my way. Had a guy years ago I was forced to work with. Give him a task that should take him 8 hours (would have took me 4, but he's newer so got to give him more time, and I couldn't get to it for a while anyway). 3 days later when I need the code, it still isn't done, and takes me 1.5 days to figure out what all he screwed up. He didn't last long.

CoalCracker said:

Amen! I'm a woman and hate working with lots of women. I'd rather work with men any day of the week. We are catty and oversensitive by nature. But we do have our good points :)

brewsnthelou said:
Amen! I'm a woman and hate working with lots of women. I'd rather work with men any day of the week. We are catty and oversensitive by nature. But we do have our good points :)

My wife works with all women and she shares your sentiment

I too, have at least one good point.

depositphotos_6578401-pointing-the-finger-.jpg

So I got scolded for my attitude in an email today. Long story short, this employee always insists I call our vendor to troubleshoot any issues that arise with a piece of software. Today she did the same. In short I told her I am able to do initial troubleshooting on the product before getting the vendor involved. By initial, I mean pretty much short of writing the software. So fast forward 20 minutes and I figured out the issue and sent her an email detailing what can be done on her end. My supervisor then calls me and tells me I need to watch my attitude in emails and mind my etiquette. REALLY!! Are you that Fcking sensitive that you took my initial email as ignorant and cocky. How did you get this far in life without killing someone or yourself for not being able to handle the world! ugh.. I sent the email to my fiance and she thought it was a perfectly polite email. So before I got too fired up, I checked myself and was within pansy ass lines...

To quote the all mighty Creamy.
"This too shall pass"

I can sympathize heartily.

Recently I had a situation where I was called out for not being responsive enough to requests from our head DBA. Mind you this wasn't sent directly to me. The DBA complained to her superior who in turn complained to my superior who in turn wanted to know WTF was up.

Basically what happened was there were 2 instances where she was working on an application that was still in test, not production, but test and she was having an issue with the server. The first instance she emailed me Saturday evening the weekend after Thanksgiving. The second instance she emailed me on a Sunday morning. Now, I'm a nice enough guy that even if it isn't an emergency if I see the email and I have time I'll remote in and have a look. Well, both of these times I was doing stuff with family so I let it sit till the following business day. Well, this apparently displeased her and she complained. I'm sorry, you can choose to work on Saturday night if you want to, but unless I'm scheduled to be doing something the only support you should expect from me is in the case of OMG production stuff is down!!!

It all blew over after I wrote a detailed account of it from my view, but the person in question only gets the standard amount of support from me. No going beyond and doing a favor anymore....

working in IT blows. I've done it for the past 6 years and i'm over it already. I'm second level so I don't even deal with the brunt of the whining..

I'm up the chain enough that rarely if ever do I get to face an end user, thank goodness for that, but there are still some gems in our own group... The DBA in question is so ancient that my co-worker likes to joke that she came with the building (built in 1889) so needless to say she is very stuck in her ways. Most of which are bassackwards and archaic as hell.

Back