7-Eleven Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like they'll be catering to the light beer drinkers (driven by $$), so . . . .make it BMC7.

It's nice that their going to take care of our youth though: "For its second brew, 7-Eleven selected an Ice Ale variety with a bolder taste and higher alcohol content to appeal to younger, legal-age drinkers."

the world’s leading convenience retailer thinks it has another winner with Game Day, a new store-brand premium lager beer...
Light beer is the most popular flavor profile among beer drinkers. Of the top 20 brands by sales, numbers 1, 2 and 3 are all light varieties and they make up more than half of the list, according to Beverage World’s 2009 Beer Report. Creating a 7-Eleven version seemed like a logical choice. For its second brew, 7-Eleven selected an Ice Ale variety with a bolder taste and higher alcohol content to appeal to younger, legal-age drinkers.

Since when are "light" or "ice" beers considered Premium beers?
From what i get out of that article BMC is considered premium by them. I love marketing were popular and premium are interchangeable in a description.

From what i get out of that article BMC is considered premium by them. I love marketing were popular and premium are interchangeable in a description.

Not mention where the word "import" is used for domestic beers not made by BMorC.:D

Premium is an industry term for a macrobrewery's non-discount beer.

For Anheuser-Busch, Busch beer is their subpremium brand and Budweiser is their premium brand (Michelob is "superpremium").

For Miller, Milwaukee's Best is their subpremium brand; Miller (e.g. MGD and Miller High Life) is their premium brand.

For Coors, Keystone is their subpremium brand and Coors is their premium brand.

Premium is an industry term for a macrobrewery's non-discount beer.

For Anheuser-Busch, Busch beer is their subpremium brand and Budweiser is their premium brand (Michelob is "superpremium").

So where does that put Natural Light on the list? :cross:

to me this is similar to the restaurants "own" beer mentioned in another thread. you know darn well 7-11 is not opening a brewery. they are at best repackaging another manufacturers beer. probably BM or C. in any case i expect it to be just another run of the mill clone of a BMC.

to me this is similar to the restaurants "own" beer mentioned in another thread. you know darn well 7-11 is not opening a brewery. they are at best repackaging another manufacturers beer. probably BM or C. in any case i expect it to be just another run of the mill clone of a BMC.

Or even worse, some Yankee Jim. We get that crap up here for some reason.

I'd be willing to waste the $1.50, but despite what the article says, as far as I know convenience stores can't sell alcohol in MA

I stopped reading after "Comparable in taste and quality to the top-selling national brand beers"

You could just read the linked article:

City Brewery in La Crosse, Wis., the heart of America’s brew country, was tapped by the Winery Exchange/World Brews for the tall task: to create a great-tasting beer that was equal to or better than the top-selling premium. Capacity was not an issue. The historic 150+-year-old brewery, one of the largest contract brewers in the country, produces and packages millions of cases of beer, flavored malt beverages, and even teas, energy drinks and soft drinks.

Also nowhere do I see 7-Eleven claiming that they brew their own beer. Branding != Brewing

mmmmmmmmmmm 7/11 beer. You will likely need a 2 day old road kill skunk to chew on for a palette cleanser :rockin:

mmmmmmmmmmm 7/11 beer. You will likely need a 2 day old road kill skunk to chew on for a palette cleanser :rockin:

Or one of their day old hot dogs...preferably the non-hot dog hot dogs
Ya know like the Sausage or Brats...the ones they have to cook but never sell.

It'll be cheaper than buying some ExLax at one of those places though...

Or one of their day old hot dogs...preferably the non-hot dog hot dogs
Ya know like the Sausage or Brats...the ones they have to cook but never sell.

Friend of mine worked at a 7-11 in Dallas many-a-year-ago, and he said that the only difference between the hot dogs and the sausages on the rolling cooking/heating rack was about 8 hours of time.

Eeeew.

Back