eBrewsupply 4th July. 5% coupons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatrickwah

Sponsor
Reaction score
For anyone interested we are offering 5% coupon codes for the holiday. The special is good starting now and going through the 15th.
I have been working hard to add basic control panel kits. Coupons codes are good on everything but the bare BCS control units.
Later this week I plan to introduce a complete 30a BCS rig. Sneak preview coming shortly.

Would it be possible to add an upgrade check box to your kits to allow three way selector switches instead of two way selectors? I think I'd like to be able to manually turn on pumps and elements when the mood strikes. Also, would something like that require an extensive amount of extra hardware, or would it be fairly simple, like just one extra wire bypassing the pid?

cliffhanger1821 said:
Would it be possible to add an upgrade check box to your kits to allow three way selector switches instead of two way selectors? I think I'd like to be able to manually turn on pumps and elements when the mood strikes. Also, would something like that require an extensive amount of extra hardware, or would it be fairly simple, like just one extra wire bypassing the pid?
On the BCS kits, auto/manual is there for the pumps, just not for the elements. I wire the switches to control the SSRs to keep the controls simple, and wiring up simple. As for PIDs, there is no auto since there isn't anything to control with. As for PIDs, I believe the usual method is to just adjust the temp on the SSR, since you won't have a constant low voltage to control the SSR with.

A little later than planned... but my sneak. A few things left to finish and a test brew to go. But here is my 30a BCS Kit assembled and finished. No idea on pricing for assembled as of yet, need to finish this one.
7464416790_8bcb1684d3_z.jpg

7464417542_df5124f739_z.jpg

7464418230_5545b398e7_z.jpg

7464419806_bdf9465aca_z.jpg

I should add, everything you see except the wire at the moment, is or will be available on the site. I don't have the L14-30FI and C in stock yet.

I'm waiting still, I would like to be selling the 10/3 and 10/4 SEOOW Cord that is used to run to the elements and wall. Tentative pricing would either be $2.60 /ft for 10/3 and $2.80 /ft for 10/4 or it may just be flat 10ft cuts at $25 and $28. Wife isn't thrilled about the idea though. I have a ton of 10ga THHN that I will be putting up shortly, priced to move of course.

Back