WLP002 experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khugs21

Reaction score
Hello all, just posting my experience with this yeast. Made a special strong bitter. Made a 1L starter and pitched a fresh tube into my flask and put on the stir plate for 24 hrs than cold crashed the night before brewing and Decanted the liquid. Grain bill was
7.5# MO
.25# Caramunich
8oz Flaked maize
OG was 1.048
I used the flaked corn and a mash temp of 149 to try and compensate for the low attenuation of the yeast. Fermented at 65 F for 3 days and it reached a gravity of 1.011 after only 3 days! Hydro sample is probably the clearest I have seen. Taste is awesome! The esters don't over power the beer but some are present. No diacetyl that I can detect. Just sharing my first experience with this yeast! :ban:

If you want some of the ester profile to dissipate, obviously a longer primary should help with this, but the yeast is more fruity than it's american cousins, by nature.

Back