Kid Food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfan

Nice Beaver....
Reaction score
for those of you with kids, what's the one food you just have to sit down and enjoy with them. I was heart broken when my first son didn't like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, but the 2nd little guy loves them. Whenever he wants one, I make one for myself too. And Peanut butter & Fluff...Oh yeeaahh!

I like a tripple decker PBJ&H sandwich:

Slice one, peanut butter.
Slice two: honey
Slice three: jelly.

Sometimes, just a peanut butter and honey sandwich does the trick.

I'll have to try that one. Haven't introduced the triple deckers to the kids yet. The way they eat, I'd have to sell a lung to pay for the food.

There's a ton of stuff that we share. We'll split a bowl of chicken noodle soup, or a can of mandarin oranges. Hell, I eat like a little kid sometimes anyway.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I loved the stuff as a kid and my daughter seems to like it now.

Chairman Cheyco said:
My daughter and I sit and enjoy pomegranates. It's a good relationship - I mine all the seeds out and she sits there and eats them. :p

Cassie was on a big pomegranate kick for a while. She'd see one on the table and start asking for "ball? ball? ball?". Damn tasty. :D

6 year old loves stinky stuff, blue cheese, capers, fish. And she hates chocolate. The 3 year old only eats crackers but loves chocolate. The older one takes after me the younger is her mother spittings image. Not just in looks but tastes. Wierd!

Homemade macoroni cheese. Have to triple the recipe as I eat most of it. Wife likes it too.

Lucky with my daughter she eats what we eat. I tone down the spice a little though so she does not explode the next day. Likes lamb a LOT. I have shown her real lambs and she is happy to eat them. ...thinks the same way as me; i.e. we don't get to the top of the food chain to eat carrots.

Hopfan said:
I was heart broken when my first son didn't like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches

Same here....I could live on PB&J, but he won't do jelly. So, I introduced him to PB and syrup.

My son also digs the stinky stuff.....chiefly raw onion and olives....the bigger, the better. We can also both put away some super sharp cheddar. Oh, and tacos. We'll tear up some tacos.

Ever since I was a carpet critter myself I would kill for a hotdog and 35+ years later I still love them. They are my absolute most favorite food. Fortunatly it seems to have caarried over to my 5y/o although not to the same extent (I honestly dont think it woul dhave been possible for someone to love dogs as much as me). We have a favorite Dog joint and a favorite Dog store even
(For you Milwaukee folk the dog joint WAS Sammys, but they changed from the Vienna beef dogs so now it's Martinos. . . .Dog store? Klements right at the plant, the outlet store at the plant is the best thing since blowjobs)

My absolute most favorite dog is a local one, the Klements 10:1 Chicago style . . . and it better still have the case otherwise it's a waste of a good dog

Pumbaa said:
Ever since I was a carpet critter myself I would kill for a hotdog and 35+ years later I still love them. They are my absolute most favorite food. Fortunatly it seems to have caarried over to my 5y/o although not to the same extent (I honestly dont think it woul dhave been possible for someone to love dogs as much as me). We have a favorite Dog joint and a favorite Dog store even
(For you Milwaukee folk the dog joint WAS Sammys, but they changed from the Vienna beef dogs so now it's Martinos. . . .Dog store? Klements right at the plant, the outlet store at the plant is the best thing since blowjobs)

My absolute most favorite dog is a local one, the Klements 10:1 Chicago style . . . and it better still have the case otherwise it's a waste of a good dog

bjs and hotdogs. arghhhhh the images...... ...sauce?

Pumbaa said:

I like sausage in the case, but for some reason, the hot dogs in the case don't do it for me. When I was employed at a real job, the guys there would go to a place in West Chester called Jimmy John's and get loads of them for lunch.

Chairman Cheyco said:
My daughter and I sit and enjoy pomegranates. It's a good relationship - I mine all the seeds out and she sits there and eats them. :p
You should switch to Kiwi's so you don't have to mine the seeds and you might get to eat some. I made the mistake of letting my oldest (when he was about 6 months old) eat an entire kiwi after he had just eaten canteloupe. You have no idea how hard it is to get those seeds off of your kid's butt after a power poo.

My kids are older now...19 and 17. With my daughter (17), it's fried eggs and toast, but with my son (19), it's hot wings! Of course, boiled crawfish gets everyone involved.

Back