Blizzard warning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Our first "blizzard warning here since 1999 and I've got 15 cases of home brew, I'm out of bottles and I really am thinking of brewing up a batch tonight just because . . . .

I blame you guys :rockin:

How much snow did you get in Milwaukee? I was wroking in Beaver Dam today and all over the radio people were going nuts, announcing closings everywhere, and by eleven o'clock the sun was out. I realize the storm was worse in SE WI, but what a joke up here.

It was between 10-6 inches. Not that much but it didn't take that much time to come down. About 1-2" an hour and the winds made it impossible to see. Semi were jack knifing all over the place, they shut down two freeways for a while. And one other was basicly a parking lot, a quote might be a good idea to show how bad it was "I have it in park for about ten minutes move up 50 feet and put it back it park." Thank god I didn't have to good to school today.

Sause but it got worse the further south ya went. You have 6-10 inches in The Falls, 20 minutes south I got a foot.

**EDIT**
BTW I'm not brewing tonight . . . I got 15 F'ing cases of homebrew

I have a couple 4 ft drifts around my house and my front steps. Lowest snow was about 8", but a lot of the snow was 15-24" deep.

I've been out with the snow thrower for 4 hours...ran out of gas once.

Getting sore now...but it was a good work out.:D

It was well into the 60s today, 62 when I left the house for work this morning. Weird was that an hour away in Albany, it was at least twenty degrees colder. The local meterologist tried to explain it as cold air tending to sink, and we're at a higher elevation - which does nothing to explain why it's usually within two or three degrees between here and Albany :rolleyes:

Here in Waukesha it looks like we got about 12 inches-- at least in my yard. I thought my snowblower was going to go on strike when it saw all that snow. I suppose the official total was a bit less. What a contrast from the other day when it was 60 degrees and people were going around in shorts and t-shirts.

I got some good snow here in chicago. My only problem with snow it that it makes everyone either ***** about how cold it is or drive like a f'ing moron. Why if you live in chicago do you act surprised when it is 15 deg and snowing, i know i am not surprised by blizzard conditions and bitter cold. And the drivers, why 3 days after a major storm are people still driving at 50 percent of the speed limit when the roads are all cleared and bone dry coated with salt?

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

AHammer16 said:
I got some good snow here in chicago. My only problem with snow it that it makes everyone either ***** about how cold it is or drive like a f'ing moron. Why if you live in chicago do you act surprised when it is 15 deg and snowing, i know i am not surprised by blizzard conditions and bitter cold. And the drivers, why 3 days after a major storm are people still driving at 50 percent of the speed limit when the roads are all cleared and bone dry coated with salt?

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN :rockin:

I love it when it snows here & the guys with their 4x4 dress-up trucks learn, once again, that 4x4 doesn't mean squat for braking on ice.

david_42 said:
I love it when it snows here & the guys with their 4x4 dress-up trucks learn, once again, that 4x4 doesn't mean squat for braking on ice.

I love it when a-holes come to a non-working stop light intersection and breeze right thru like they own the whole damn road.

Things have been interesting in my neck of the woods. Power went out a little after 8 Thursday night, came back a little after 8 Saturday night. Finally crashed in my own bed last night after cutting up trees all day. Been a freaking NIGHTMARE. WE had 6 adults, 2 kids and 4 dogs crammed into my BIL and SIL's lodge-style house.

:eek: It was a LONG weekend gang.

FWIW tho, I have created a new habitat for any beavers that may be looking for a home, along the street-line of my yard. The 4 foot high, 25 foot long wall of limbs and braches all courtesy of a certain elm tree in the front yard that I will have the pleasure of having removed as soon as possible. This will also save me the task of calling the sewer guy every year to get the roots out of my lines, and cussing that tree every time I write a check for a hundred bucks.

All in all tho, it's good to be here with a roof over my head and good to be back.

:tank:

Ize

Back