duh! If you're getting some welding done:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twst1up

Reaction score
Found a place pretty close by that could tig stainless couplers in my megapot and converted sanke...pretty cheap too: $20 for 2 welds. Dropped 'em off and went to get something to eat while the work was being done. Only problem is i neglected to specify that i wanted the couplers welded through the wall so i could reach the threads from both side; they just welded 'em to the outside. :( Although i'll still be able to use them for a sightglass/thermometer (was more towards the bottom of the to do list) I was still a little disappointed in myself for not being specific...can't fashion a diptube if i can't get to the threads on the inside of the vessel.
Hopefully you won't make the same mistake

Can you solder copper? If so I can help you. My kettle's thermometer port only has threads on the outside, but I wanted to put a tube on the inside and cobbled something together that really worked well.

-Joe

it was a union....threads on the inside (unexposed)...have another idea for me?

I would just ream out the hole in the keg if its smaller than the union and just get a tap and chase the threads to clean them and use the same fitting as nostalgia used . Or you could just use a small nipple

Back