Conical help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahambo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought 2 15 gal tanks from US plastics and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the fittings I need. I'm not sure what I need for making the dump valve and a side "sampler" mainly the part that actually passes through the tank and is in contact with the fermenting wort

thanks
graham

Ok, more specifically, Does anyone know where i can locate a 1 1/2" to 3/4" reducer for my poly tank so i can use a SS ball valve from austin homebrew supply?

Ok, more specifically, Does anyone know where i can locate a 1 1/2" to 3/4" reducer for my poly tank so i can use a SS ball valve from austin homebrew supply?

Why not just go with a 1.5" pvc ball valve? It allows for a faster dump and less chance of clogging. SS seems to be of no value in this situation. I bought a 2 to 1.5 reducer from McMaster. They have your 1.5 to .75 #46885K265

Here's mine all the fittings are from mcmaster-carr
img1459.jpg

so #46825K65 + #9771K32 should work for my bottoms yes?

Lehr- what's on the inside of your sampling valve?

Further, I'm planning on building a shelf inside a fridge so I can just slide the fermenter in/out and just put an external thermostat on the fridge for temp control, can someone suggest a thermostat for this purpose?

I have a stainless street elbow and a silicone tube for the racking arm I'll take some pictures tonight and post them on monday the temp control I have on there is a johnson control it will work on a fridge.

Pat

I got all my fittings from McMaster-Carr as well. I used the Norwesco 35g inductors, 2"- > 1 1/4" reducer, 1 1/4" ball valve for dump. I used 1/2" copper to make a racking arm, 1" piece -> 45 elbow, 6" piece, 45 elbow. 6" piece and a 1/2" ball valve for the racking port. I also put a 1/2" ball valve on the top with a quick disconnect as I fill mine via pump. I also put 1/4" fittings for co2 purge but I haven't used that yet.
Pics on our club website:
[Insert Name Here] Brew Club › INHBC Photo Gallery › Last updated albums

I got all my fittings from McMaster-Carr as well. I used the Norwesco 35g inductors, 2"- > 1 1/4" reducer, 1 1/4" ball valve for dump. I used 1/2" copper to make a racking arm, 1" piece -> 45 elbow, 6" piece, 45 elbow. 6" piece and a 1/2" ball valve for the racking port. I also put a 1/2" ball valve on the top with a quick disconnect as I fill mine via pump. I also put 1/4" fittings for co2 purge but I haven't used that yet.
Pics on our club website:
[Insert Name Here] Brew Club › INHBC Photo Gallery › Last updated albums

It's my understanding that you don't want copper in your fermenter do to leaching something from it.

Pat

Latest posts

Back