Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news my SWMBO just told me to get off my lazy butt and brew beer. When have a double birthday party in 8 weeks. Any suggestions on brews to catering to all tastes. My biggest hit so far was a simple citra pale ale.

Cream Ale, any kind of Wheat beer... those are pretty universal.

I'll be brewing rye saison this Sunday. I've been wanting to brew with rye and the cottage house saison I'm drinking now made me want to brew more saisons.

ForumRunner_20130517_225233.jpg

I just kegged my Sam summer clone and a red. I want to do a 10 gallon dead reckoning if my 15 gallon biab is big enough.

Anyone know any hvac guys in the area. The guy that was going to cut my vents blew me off. Want to brew next weekend, trying to find someone for this week. I am in the collegeville area.

What Gitmoe said!

Anyone brewing anything up this weekend? Over the past two weekends, I've brewed enough that I'm out of fermentation space at the moment. Time to keg/transfer/bottle some of this mess!

I'm gonna try and brew on monday. I got a Chillzilla I need to hookup to my system and test. I'm dragging my system to Keystone on 6/8 to do an all grain demo. Hoping to do a 10 gallon batch of coffee stout to put in my Dad's Hat barrel finally. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the all grain demo yet. Maybe my english pale recipe with all NZ hops... a crowd favorite.

When and where do you meet?

We meet the last thursday of the month (so next thurs) @ 7:30pm, upstairs at Campbell's Place, in Chestnut Hill. The more the merrier!

I'm gonna try and brew on monday. I got a Chillzilla I need to hookup to my system and test. I'm dragging my system to Keystone on 6/8 to do an all grain demo. Hoping to do a 10 gallon batch of coffee stout to put in my Dad's Hat barrel finally. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the all grain demo yet. Maybe my english pale recipe with all NZ hops... a crowd favorite.

how the hell are you going to get that up there, take it apart and put it in your mini? :D

I'm borrowing the box truck from the store. It's still gonna be a bear to move.

I have a Therminator but quickly got tired of clogging the damn thing. Switching to the Chillzilla. Anybody wanna buy a Therminator?

still doing immersion chiller, too many IPA's for a plate chiller. Been thinking about a building counterflow though.

Dresher checking in. I've been brewing for close to a year and a half now, and I'm starting to think about making the move to all-grain. I'm mostly brewing my own recipes now, although I don't do anywhere near the volume most of you guys do. I'm a semi-occasional GLUB club attendee, hopefully more regular now that work is settling down. Lots of good brewers there, I always learn a ton when I go.

Gonnan try and brew a 10g batch of coffee stout tomorrow to put in a Dad's Hat rye whiskey barrel. Pretty excited for this one. Also excited because I can use my tap water when brewing stouts. Save some cash. The 4 packs of Wyeast 1099 I'm planning to use will help bring the cost back up though...

Anyone in the Northeast and looking to exchange home-brews? I just wanna get some other feed back other than myself and few craft beer drinker that are my friends.

Anyone in the Northeast and looking to exchange home-brews? I just wanna get some other feed back other than myself and few craft beer drinker that are my friends.

You could stop by our GLUB Club meeting tomorrow night at Campbell's in Chestnut Hill. Meeting usually starts around 7:30pm. Good place to get feedback from some excellent brewers.

Philly Beer Week is upon us! I was at Opening Tap for work friday night and I went to Whelihan's in Blue Bell for a Smuttynose take over last night. We're going to Memphis Taproom this morning for beer brunch and not sure where we'll end up for the afternoon. Kinda wanna hit Clone Brew Wars at Blue Dog in Chalfont.

Living in fish town area
Haven't started brewing yet but when i get everything i will need I'll use RODI water i just got a 6 stage off ebay and now I'm looking at brew equipment
I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible.

How much?
I'v been looking on Ebay I see a nice 14" with a stand a little expensive I'm trying to do as cheap as possible.

Living in fish town area
Haven't started brewing yet but when i get everything i will need I'll use RODI water i just got a 6 stage off ebay and now I'm looking at brew equipment

Why would you use RO water for brewing? It's not recommended. You need some of the minerals. Are you planning to reconstruct the water profile when you brew? I know some people like to do that. I think it's a waste of time but to each their own.

Living in fish town area

Im in Fishtown as well, come by our club meetings at Philly Homebrew every 3rd Friday.

Filtered tap water is going to be fine for your brewing, I use a carbon filter to clean up the chlorine and get small particulates out. Really no need for an RO setup, especially if youre just starting.

If youre doing extract I think Palmer does recommend Distilled water.

Did anyone venture out to Troeg's to get some Naked Elf? I love Mad Elf and this version sounded interesting but I wasn't able to get any...

Did anyone venture out to Troeg's to get some Naked Elf? I love Mad Elf and this version sounded interesting but I wasn't able to get any...

I have had it before, it is very good. That reminds me, maybe it is time to open my 3 liter of mad elf

I'd be willing to trade a few bottles if you're interested. Also in the Northeast.

Im about to move in a few weeks to wynnewood! Looking forward to enjoying the beer in the area. Also, looking at joining the mainline brewers. I was in town a few weeks ago and couldnt get enough of tired hands, my wallet hates that I can walk there.

Back