Citra Hops....did I miss them already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Been looking for some bulk Citra hops(1 or 2 lbs), and everywhere seems to be sold out already. :mad:

Anyone have any leads?

neko said:
http://www.brewbrothers.biz/Citra-US-Pellet-2011-2-oz

Sold in 2oz packages but it seems like you could put 8 in your cart to get a pound for $24. Don't know what shipping is like, but the people at the store are nice.

Cheapest shipping to me (florida) is $11 for a pound. That is for 2011, so $35 a pound. I pre-ordered a pound 2012 Citra pellets with a pound of 2012 Nelson Sauvin for $55 shipped from Label Peelers.

I just preordered a pound of citra and Amarillo. With the 10% off first time order discount it didn't seem like a bad deal to guarantee I get some these hops this year.

Put in my order for some citra and Falconers Flight pellets as well - 2 lbs of each. Already received a lb of amarillo and Simcoe leaf last week and have about 6 ounces of each left yet from 2011. That should be good to get me through 2012 with the "harder to find" hops. Now just need to pick up some of the standbyes and import varieties and will be good to go for the year.

Just got a conformation that my hops have been pre-ordered.....hope that means I'm getting them for sure.:rockin:

does this mean citra hops will be back in season soon? i saw farmhouse brewing just started selling 1lbs of simcoe and was hoping that maybe these hops and others won't be so hard to find anymore.

I am waiting to buy citra also. I think most places do not have them in stock yet from this years harvest, atleast not in pellet form. I think the one I always check says December but I feel like some have then already.

The early Citra LEAF has been sold out pretty much. There is more than will be reserved to go to LHBS stores and retailers in 1 oz, but the bulk buying it pretty much at the tail end.

Pellets haven't come out yet. There will be bulk pellet purchases in the future if thats is what you want.

Nothing yet Bink. I heard they were a little behind and will be getting them this week. I hope that means they will get them out this week. I missed the hops direct citra so this is it for me right now. My LHBS usually has citra, but I like 1.25 an ounce better than 2.75.:cross:

Fwiw, I received this from Labelpeelers today.

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Hops Are In
The hops reached our distributor's warehouse Friday 11/9. They have been feverently processing the tons and tons of hops they received.
Dealing with agriculture product can be difficult since it is dictated by the plant's growth and the weather that is dealt to the farmers, so the hops are running a few days later than expected, but give those hop farmers a hand, they pretty much nailed it this year on predicting the harvest dates.
We have thousands of pounds to ship out, and all of the hops are not in the warehouse yet, so we will be shipping your pre-orders ASAP, with orders being shipped daily starting today.
Please refrain from calling and emailing us about your pre-order, we have limited resources and answering the phone and emails only slows us down getting your orders in the mail. We pride ourselves with personal customer service and you can always give us a call, but rest assured your pre-order will be in the mail as soon as possible.
We are all looking forward to the great beers we will be drinking in the months to come. Hop harvest is a wonderful time to celebrate beer making. Let the tradition continue!
Cheers,
www.LabelPeelers.com

FATC1TY said:
The early Citra LEAF has been sold out pretty much. There is more than will be reserved to go to LHBS stores and retailers in 1 oz, but the bulk buying it pretty much at the tail end.

Pellets haven't come out yet. There will be bulk pellet purchases in the future if thats is what you want.

Pellets came out bulk last Friday and are already gone for direct purchase without going through a lhbs. I don't know of any LHBS that buys hops in ounce increments, do the hops producers bag that small for them? Thatd be nice if I could buy leaf in one ounce bags from hopsdirect. Pellets were being shipped to retailers since late last week and into this week. Should be up soon if not already

Great heads up on "makingbeerisfun". They still had some listed, so I got Citra and Amirillo ordered. With the free shipping, it's not that bad a deal. Like you said....we'll see if we get em.:mug:

I can't believe I have been watching label peelers and they ran out before I saw that they had any pellets in yet.
I hit up makingbeer also. Hope it comes through.

Thanks for the heads up on makingbeer source, picked up another pound. I didn't see anything about free shipping though. Oh well, $34 shipped is reasonable for this hop and to make sure I have enough for this year.

Now I see how to get free shipping, damn. Have to call and see you if I can add pound of something else to it.

Just placed my order with makingbeerisfun.com for another pound of citra and simcoe. Thanks for the heads up

I just picked up a big order at Farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Good prices, reasonable shipping ($8 flatrate for me). He just got Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe in today. If I remember, there are 1lb packs of Citra and then 4oz packages of Amarillo and Simcoe pellets. I think you can do up to 8oz Amarillo and 2 lbs of Simcoe.

I just picked up a big order at Farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Good prices, reasonable shipping ($8 flatrate for me). He just got Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe in today. If I remember, there are 1lb packs of Citra and then 4oz packages of Amarillo and Simcoe pellets. I think you can do up to 8oz Amarillo and 2 lbs of Simcoe.

21.99 for Amarillo, 19.99 for Citra, and 18.99 for Simcoe. Nice prices.

Sweet, just got another pound of Citra from Farmhouse. I wish you could get a couple Lb's from the same place......all this shipping is killing me.:D

whitehause said:
Sweet, just got another pound of Citra from Farmhouse. I wish you could get a couple Lb's from the same place......all this shipping is killing me.:D

Its better than buying by the oz locally. My local shop is selling Amarillo for $4 an oz and they don't carry simcoe or citra.

True...It's still definitely better that the LHBS. I really like the people at mine, and I support them as much as possible, but double(or more) the price for hops is just too much.

+1 for the thanks for beerisfun ... I ordered a lb of citra and Amarillo because my lhbs can't get it,

I just bought Amarillo and citra from farmhouse supply yesterday and they are showing out today.

Back