Help me name my Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I don't mean I'm going commercial, but I mean just for my labels. I feel like this is a pretty crucial name because I don't want to go around and change it everytime I do a new batch.

Here's a few I've been thinking about:
McCurtain County Brewing Co. - I'm kinda proud of the county I was raised in.

Desert Planet Brewing Co. - I'm a huge fan of the Dune novels. I first thought Arrakis Brewing Co., but I was afraid that if you didn't recognize the name, it would be a lame name. The nice thing about this one is that it has ton's of possibilities to name individual brews after stuff in the book.

Kithrup Brewing Co. - Also from a Sci-Fi book. This one is from a book by David Brin. He wrote the book that The Postman was based one. (and yes, the book was much better.

Which one do you folks like better? Also, I'd be open to suggestion, or even how you all named yours.

From his profile:

Interests:
drinking, brewing beer, canoeing, camping, hiking, xbox

State Wildlife Department​

Are you by chance a Game Warden? I'm sure we can get something out of that.

Or. maybe just something like :

Burly Man Brewing Co.
Mountain Man Brewing Co.
etc...

-walker

Naw not a warden, but I deal with them a lot. I dunno about naming it after something from my work, but the canoeing, camping and hiking thing would be cool.

I like 'Desert Planet Brewing Co' the best. While I love the books, I'm not sure about using 'Arrakis' in the name.

I'm thinking something along the lines of survival / survivalist in theme for the name. Vicious Circle (/Cycle) Brewing Co? Nomadic Brewers and Co? (Just brain-storming)

Isn't noodling (catching catfish by hand) popular in Okie?

Noodling Brewing Co.

Catfish Brewing Co.

Flat Head Brewing Co.

On a serious note....

Mount Olive Brewery

Your profile says you are from Bethany, OK. Biblically (if I recall correctly) Bethany was a town near jeruselum, on Mount Olive.

Alternately:

Lazarus Beer Co. (Bethany is where Lazarus lived). This also has a Science Fiction connection as Robert Heinlein's most pervasive character Woodrow Wilson was, later on, called Lazarus Long.

Lazarus Long did have at least oen beer related quote:

Always store beer in a dark place.

Guthrie Station Brewing Co.
Established April 22, 1889

If you know your Oklahoma "Land Rush" history, you can appreciate it more. During the Land Rush era, the town of Guthrie was "0" in the morning hours of its creation, and was over 10 thousand by nightfall.

how about 3 tooth brewing company???

i've been to oklahoma!!! i went to a strip bar, the dancer had 5 teeth!! 3 in her mouth and 2 in her pocket!!!

Right now, the unofficial name for my brewery is "Robbobrau" based on my nick-name "Robbo" (Robb-O).

When I get around to making labels I'm going to change the name. I have an idea already, but I can't commit to it for another month.

Tony said:
Guthrie Station Brewing Co.
Established April 22, 1889

If you know your Oklahoma "Land Rush" history, you can appreciate it more. During the Land Rush era, the town of Guthrie was "0" in the morning hours of its creation, and was over 10 thousand by nightfall.
If you'd ever been to Guthrie, you'd know what a bad name for a beer that is. :(

billybrew said:
Desert Planet Brewing Co. - I'm a huge fan of the Dune novels. I first thought Arrakis Brewing Co., but I was afraid that if you didn't recognize the name, it would be a lame name.
Sand Worm Brewing Co...Sand Dunes Brewery...Dusty Dunes Brewery.

billybrew said:
Kithrup Brewing Co. - Also from a Sci-Fi book.
Smart Monkey Brewing Co...Uplift Brewery...Sun Diver Brewery.

North Canadian Brewing Co.
Red Mud Brewery
Texas Is Suck Brewing Co. (limited distribution on this one ;) )

El Pistolero said:
Sand Worm Brewing Co...Sand Dunes Brewery...Dusty Dunes Brewery.

Smart Monkey Brewing Co...Uplift Brewery...Sun Diver Brewery.

North Canadian Brewing Co.
Red Mud Brewery
Texas Is Suck Brewing Co. (limited distribution on this one ;) )
Hey, you caught the David Brin reference! I do like the Uplift Brewery.

billybrew said:
Hey, you caught the David Brin reference! I do like the Uplift Brewery.
He's one of my favorite "modern" SF authors...if you'd mentioned Greg Bear I would have suggested Darwin's Brew...Evolution in Every Bottle. It probably wouldn't sell in Kansas tho. :(

El Pistolero said:
He's one of my favorite "modern" SF authors...if you'd mentioned Greg Bear I would have suggested Darwin's Brew...Evolution in Every Bottle. It probably wouldn't sell in Kansas tho. :(
Another of the Killer B's. The only thing I've read by him is the Foundation book he wrote.

Have you read anything by Neil Stephenson? That dude is great!

billybrew said:
Have you read anything by Neil Stephenson? That dude is great!
Haven't read anything by him. If you like hard science in your SF, you should read Bear's Darwin's Radio.

Is this a weird football game or what?

Cheesefood said:
Right now, the unofficial name for my brewery is "Robbobrau" based on my nick-name "Robbo" (Robb-O).

When I get around to making labels I'm going to change the name. I have an idea already, but I can't commit to it for another month.

Is this new name pending the birth of your son/daughter in December?

-walker

Back