Abita Biere de Garde and Tin Roof's Watermelon Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcapone

Reaction score
The Mrs. and I tried these the other day at the local bar. I personally am not a watermelon lover so no surprise to me I thought it was gross. That aside though, it almost had a sort of astringency I couldn't get past. It also had little to no wheat flavor. I was shocked at how clear it was for a wheat beer. The Biere de Garde (which I had) was also not very good. It had way too much citrus flavor and just wasn't balanced very well in my opinion.

Anyone try these and have similar opinions? I haven't really been able to find any reviews of these two.

I had their "premier sampler" on draft in Covington, LA. The Biere du Guarde was my least favorite. The others were good, especially the IPA. That is a fun place to go with good food; if you're traveling on I-10 it is worth the 5-mile detour.

I did not have the watermelon beer, nor would I sip it if offered. That sounds like an asthetically and philosophically flawed concoction.

Back