Need help wiring auber contactor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After researching this a little more I am not as confused. Am I correct in saying that there is not a line and a load side but the load wires need to be on the same side and the line wires do as well? Is it the same for your wires coming from the switch and your neutral as well? Or am I completely wrong?

After researching this a little more I am not as confused. Am I correct in saying that there is not a line and a load side but the load wires need to be on the same side and the line wires do as well?

Correct. It doesn't matter which side is line or load. A contactor is just an automatic switch. When you wire a simple switch, it doesn't matter which terminal is connected to the line/load. The contactor follows the same principal. And, as you pointed out, you will want to keep your 'in' and 'out' conductors grouped together on the same side.

Is it the same for your wires coming from the switch and your neutral as well? Or am I completely wrong?

I think you mean for the coil. The coil is a basic electro-magnet that pulls the contactor to open and close it. It doesn't matter which way you wire that - the terminals are each connected to one end of the coil. It will work either way.

I think you mean for the coil. The coil is a basic electro-magnet that pulls the contactor to open and close it. It doesn't matter which way you wire that - the terminals are each connected to one end of the coil. It will work either way.

That was what I was trying to say just couldn't type what I was thinking. Thanks

I've attached a simple contactor circuit I drew up. Ignore any polarity (+ and -) as is doesn't pertain to AC. This of course is only for the theory of the contactor, the wiring for your circuit will include switches and circuit breakers, etc.

CONTACTOR.gif

Back