So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed the Arrogant Bastard Clone that has been posted on this forum. Everything went perfect...temps, no boil over, airlock was kicking ass in 12 hours. Now wait 6 weeks!!

i'm planning on going to the brew shop later today to get the ingredients to make a maibock sometime this weekend. :mug:

found a recipe for ayinger maibock earlier today. :ban:
picked up the ingredients from the brew shop this afternoon and i'm planning to start the boil sometime this evening, maybe about 7:00-8:00. :mug:

True Blonde, 2-ten gallon batches back to back. Fixing to sparge, then will Mash the second while the boil is going. I am thinking to double hop the second for kicks.

This weekend I'm just doing a starter for my big Belgian Dark that I'm going to brew on the 17th. 3 quarts with 2 vials of yeast... Still going to be slightly on the underpitched side according to Mr Malty.. depending on how often I manage to shake it up. Of course some would say that will be good for the style so no worries.

I am going to have to build a stir plate at some point.

Me too!

I'm brewing my very first batches this weekend... A Two Hearted Ale clone and a Guinness Stout clone.

I brewed the Two Hearted clone yesterday and I'm about to get going on the Guinness clone now.

:)

Brewed my first all-grain today! Do we have a "total gallons brewed in 2011" thread yet?

I just brewed a Simcoe SMasH Pale Ale. A small 2.75 gallon test batch.

I also sampled my Perfect Pale Ale that I made a few weeks ago. It's perfect, amazing, delicious. Mmm. I'm blown away.

Got my Hefe on tap right now. I'm up to 10 gallons (3 batches) in 2011.

Well I have an extra carboy and would love to start another batch...buttt im low on funds right now and will have to make do with my first batch I just started. It will be nice to get the pipeline going. I think my next kit will be a Hefe

I brewed a bunch of beer for Christmas in early November and then took a break to save money and upgrade my equipment. Finally got my new kettle in the mail today and you better believe I'll be brewing again this weekend.

The only question now is what to make...

I was supposed to brew this weekend, but got sick (no, not the katzenjammer kind, but the rhino-virus-nose-drip-everywhere kind)

I have everything ready to go, it just looks like it's going to have to wait until next weekend. :mad:

Brewed up a 5 gallon batch of my Hoppy Amber to keg and then a 2.5 gallon batch of a Dark Ale with some vanilla extract and cinnamon stick to bottle and see how it comes out.

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of a DFH60 clone late last night -- "12 x 5" for the 12 hop additions at 5 minute intervals. Partial/majority mash BIAB method, augmented w/ 3# DME. Centennial and Amarillo hops and I'm using the American Ale II yeast.

My ingredients for my next batch (along with my new stainless immersion chiller and bottle washer :rockin:) is coming in the mail on Wednesday but I won't be able to brew it until February. I am going on a week long cruise in two weeks and don't want to leave a fermenting beer unattended for that long. The wait is going to kill me!

i'd love to see the recipe for that one. i haven't been able to find anything myself and i really enjoy that beer.

Here is a link to my recipe thread. I tried to get some feedback on the recipe, but it doesn't seem like too many are familiar with this beer. It was mainly base malt, oats, and roasted barley. The sample tasted great!!

Slick Rick - Old Engine Oil Clone Recipe

It fits more in the lines of a robust porter, but either way...Old Engine Oil rocks!!

I'm going to get the Brewer's Best European Bock kit this weekend and see if i can't do a chocolate bock.

It's on the schedule, wether or not it gets done is a different story.

Simple extract Hef

I'm doing a double brew tomorow. EdWort's Bee Cave Brewery Bavarian Hefeweizen and a Mac and Jack's African Amber clone. 20 gallons in a day is a first for me.

Got it done! Very long day though.

I'll be working on my first all-grain brew tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon. Am excited but apprehensive (worried about forgetting a step or missing temps). It's just a simple American Blonde ale as I didn't want to go too wild on my 1st one.

Have been amassing all the needed equipment (11 gal stock pot, converted 10 gal igloo, full propane tanks, etc) so feel I'm ready. Can't do it before noon though, stupid winter storm early in the week here in Atlanta has really messed things up. Wish me luck....

Will be getting 200 lb grain along with skeeordye11, so plan a brewday on Sun. Right now I plan 15 gal of a 5.5% session Pale (2row, Munich, C20, chinook, cent, cascade) followed up with 10 gal Bell's Two-hearted clone. 9 hour brewday, but man, my pipeline really loves these big brewdays.

Back