Home Brew makes my wife act funny...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinchef_fairfax

Reaction score
She's not much of a beer drinker to begin with and at 106lbs it doesn't take much anyway, but she's a good sport and likes to drink some with me because I made it and she's supportive of that - which is cool.

But the 5.4% Heffe and the 8.6% Belgian Golden Ale seem to hit her like a freight train. 1 or two glasses and she's off to the races. I can't be the only one...:tank:

Cheap date. I say count yourself lucky!:D
Certainly leaves more for me! There were two times in the past where she drank really big 5 shots of Jager... Those were interesting nights. I'll stick to beer from here on out..

My wife had gastric bypass surgery so half of a bud or coors places her firmly in bed. All alcohol goes straight to her blood stream pretty much. Needless to say recently when iI had la fin du monde and westmalle tripel night at my house she saw a light colored golden beer and downed about half my pint and shortly after that was asking me if I drugged her lol

Lucky dogs. My wife seldom drinks, but when she does, it's mixed drinks and/or hard liquor - in serious multiples. I've seen her put several large men under the table.

Naturally, she does not care for beer.

Mine will drink a beer on rare occasion, but when she does, it's usually two or less.

I can say one thing though, tequila makes her clothes fall off. Margaritas are her poison of choice.

Homebrew also makes my wife act funny and say things like, "You drink too much!!" "You've had enough!!" and "Go to BED!"

...I don't know what it is!??!! :D

I'm planning on a batch of Cream of Three Crops recipe with strawberries in the secondary. That should make the wife happy.

Geeze, I wish. My wife can almost go glass for glass with me and loves beer, which means I love her that much more, but also means less beer for me

My wife is pretty finicky in her beer taste. I don't think she's had more than 2 of my homebrews in one sitting, even with styles that she likes.

My wife can empty a keg of Belgian Wit in no time..

Then she starts playing Just Dance on the PS3 and it gets really interesting...

Boy does she snore when she's drunk... I sleep on the couch

Back